Margot4Ever
My girl, Margot, was hit and killed by a vehicle on Friday night. She got out of the backyard and went across the street, which she has never done before.  It is so difficult for me to even say that. Killed? OMG. That should not be in my vocabulary.  I am beyond devastated and cannot imagine how I will go on. Just imagining the hurt and pain she experienced is too much for me to handle. I would have traded places in a minute, had I known what was going to happen. She had been sleeping in my arms just 3 hours before this happened, cuddling and kissing me. How on God's earth did this happen? It's so unfair and I am inconsolable. The pain is excruciating. I haven't been able to eat or sleep. She didn't deserve this.  All I want to do is hold her and never let her go. I cannot believe this happened. I am in a complete state of shock and disbelief. It is a nightmare that I will never awake from. I just want a sign - anything - from her to tell me that she is alright. I want to know that she did not suffer, even though it's obvious that she did, due to the severity of her injuries. She was so loved, so spoiled and so well taken care of. This doesn't make any sense. I am grief stricken and nothing in the world can ease the pain. I've had her since she was born and even helped her mama give birth to the litter. She was the only one who looked like her Boxer dad... she was only 3 years old and I had so many wonderful plans for her and our future together. I am utterly sickened that something like this could happen. It blindsided me and I simply cannot fathom that it is real. I don't want to wake up anymore because all I think about is this horrific tragedy, which everyone says is a terrible tragedy - an accident that I had no control over. I know I could have prevented it if I had just stayed out in the backyard - but she has NEVER left the premises and I only went inside for a minute to fill the water bowl... but still.  I am a complete wreck. i love her so much. This has completely and utterly destroyed me.
Allison Sledge
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Everyone here is in various stages of recovery from grief, sadness, guilt, ...you name it. I had my best friend, ever, put down 3 weeks ago, and today is the first day I haven't bawled my eyeballs out. It's hard for people around us, too, if they have never had to mourn like we are.

There is a lot of wisdom and support on this discussion board. It's been the one place I can express how I've been feeling. Please stick around, it helps us to be there for you, too.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Jules_Anne
My beloved Tess was run over by a car on Saturday afternoon. She was lying in the driveway and my father never saw her.drove straight over her. Everything you have posted above is how I feel. She was 12 and mostly deaf but was still able to get around. I just want to curl up and die as well. Have lost pets before but always at the vet from disease or old age. This has never happened before and I cannot get the image of her lying under the car. We rushed her to an emergency vet but in my heart I knew it was too late. My heart is broken I have never felt pain like this before. I keep thinking I will see her lying on her pillow asleep and contenet enjoying what should have been her senior years.
Quote 0 0
Margot4Ever
I so feel your pain. My sister advised me to come here and share and it's nice to know that others are here to help, but the reality is, nothing will help me. I am so sorry that you have to experience this unthinkable reality and hopefully, being able to write and share our grief will give us some temporary comfort in a world that seems so cruel and cold. Thank you, both, for responding.
Allison Sledge
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Allison,
Things can happen to us so out of the blue that they hit us badly and leave us in shock. No doupt, your loss of sweet Margot is a true nightmare and tragedy. An accident which just takes our beloved ones in an instant is very hard to bear. I can fully understand that you now feel like nothing in this world can help you but I also do believe that deep down in your loving heart you know that your wounds will be healed as time goes.

My heart goes out to you, Allison - please keep writing in here.

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Margot4Ever
Thank you, Silvia. for your very kind words. Max is very beautiful and I know how much you love and miss him. The world just seems like a very dark, cold place right now and my heart is broken into a million pieces. I will continue to write here, and I appreciate you welcoming me and Margot. I miss her dearly... I will never be the same.
Allison Sledge
Quote 0 0