Emikins
I lost my beloved LizzieGirl (Lizzie Quadri) at four am We'd. And life has done a paradigm shift for me. She was the sweetest companion I have ever known. She slept with her head in my cupped left hand every night while I held her right hind paw. When it was bedtime she would jump into position and she would purr as I held her and we would drift off together. When she wanted me to wake up she would quietly sit next to my face and put one tiny paw softly on my check and just sit there till I woke up. Occasionally, if I didn't rouse quickly enough she would push my eyeball to get me to get up. She followed me from room to room amd guarded me frantically when I took a bath. She was fearful that the water would hurt me. She was short and tiny weighing only 7 pounds. She was a Tabby with pure Aqua eyes and I have never before seen any cat with Aqua eyes. We used to tell her she had movie star eyes. Last year before we moved from Colorado to Connecticut I found a pea-sized lump in her abdomen and called the vet to the house. He squeezed it hard and said it was just a cyst. We moved cross country and the lump got bigger. She was used to my being home 24/7 and now we were in a new state and I was working 15 hours a day. I had the lump removed and she had microscopic invasion of lymphatic vessels with an aggressive adenocarcinoma of the breast. Because she was such a timid cat my holistic vet in Colorado suggested we do homeopathy and not put her through the double mastectomy because the outcomes said that with her aggressive type of cancer there was only a fifty percent that she could live another year.

I am so devastated and feel so guilty that we put her through the stress of a cross country move, that I took a job keeping me away from her all those hours and that I could not save her. I spent $9,000 on treatments and it still didn't work.

Lizzie, I love you more than I can describe. Thank you for your perfect love and loyalty to me. Thank you for all the restful nights of sleep,we shared. Thank you for your gentle touch and sweet spirit.. Thank you for,showing me the most exquisite relationship I could ever imagine. Your tiny stature sure commanded admiration for your beauty and gentleness and ever present companionship. I don't know how I will make it till we meet again but let's hang on tight knowing it will happen.

Just know that you are the love of our lives and Mama, Daddy, and Denise will think of you every single day of our lives. We will always remember you and we all plan to be with you again. Until that day Lizzie, play and basque in the sunshine and make a lot of new friends. Play so hard that you don't have time to miss me but when nighttime comes pop back into bed with me and we will continue to sleep together across the either.

Much love my BabyGirl. Kisses on your sweet nose.

Mama

Quote 0 0
shantismom
So sorry about Lizzie, all of us here understand your pain.
Remember what a loving home you gave your baby, how loved she felt.  You did everything you could for her.
Lizzie has absolutely no problems now, no pain, no fear, certainly no sickness.
You loved her and she loved you and the pain you feel is because of the loved you shared but if you are like most of us, the pain is worth the love.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Emikins
Marlene,
Thank you. Yes, the love we receive and give is more than worth it. Loving this deeply is so hard but I am thankful for those of us who care so deeply because one heart at a time, we are making a difference to some very fortunate fur babies and I guess that makes it all worth it despite the indescribable loss. Bless you for the love you share with fur babies and their parents.
Jeannae
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
So sorry to hear about your beloved LizzieGirl. The love and bond we share is worth the pain and anguish we experience. The love of a four-legged friend is incomparable. My thoughts are with you at this really sad time. On here, despite our losses being completely individual, we all understand the grief that comes with saying farewell.

Hugs to you, and LizzieGirl too.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0