Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
emjl81

Reply with quote  #31 
I will keep in touch too knowing your sister in law is a breeder

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjl81
I will keep in touch too knowing your sister in law is a breeder

Yes please do! I don’t have social media but I will message you my email address, I would absolutely love to help you when you’re ready for another baby, helping you would help me with my grief as well! I’m so devastated that your vet told you that, did she say what could have been done to save her? That would probably throw me right back into a panic attack, I am so sorry! Just when it seemed to be getting a little better, you got that call, oh how I will be praying for you! I’m about to get on YouTube right now and look up the Siamese you mentioned, I’m also gonna send you a pic of my Pinky when I send you my email address. Her face, eye shape, and fur remind me so much of Kitty!
emjl81

Reply with quote  #33 
Its ok she's the vet that never called me back when i waited by the phone for 6 hours that day. She also didn't see how serious Kitty's condition was and I believe she would have thought I would blame her. It happened to my friends cat too and she put hers down. They can pull out the fluid build up in heart failure and try medication to prolong life but what is the quality of life and there is no guarantee. I wouldn't have wanted to put her through suffering she was so good to me. Heart failure is not a good prognosis no matter which way you look at it. I don't think the emergency vet would have recommended it if it was going to be a long drawn out ordeal trying treat it. I know i did the right thing. 

Reply with quote  #34 
She should have just not said that to me in my time of agony. I look forward to seeing Pinky!!

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
She should have just not said that to me in my time of agony. I look forward to seeing Pinky!!

I agree in an awful situation like that you definitely did the right thing! But my God that vet, she needs put out of practice!
JanaJ

Reply with quote  #36 
https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/60050/4482231/7DB57155-EB08-47B4-982D-013E459CE4B4.png
emjl81

Reply with quote  #37 
Hi Im having trouble seeing the link. Today was a little better for me finally starting to feel somewhat normal not totally debilitated like I was over the weekend. It is still hard for me upstairs alone without her. This was her domain and she is not here but I feel her around here. Actually something really weird happened last night. At about 9:30 I was up in bed with my son watching TV and my husband was downstairs watching TV with my daughter and we all heard a really loud meow. you would think I was crazy. I called down to him to ask him if he heard it and he didn't hear me but was calling up to me asking if I heard a cat. My son heard it too. Amazing!! She was looking for me thats how strong our bond was. How are you doing today?

Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Hi Im having trouble seeing the link. Today was a little better for me finally starting to feel somewhat normal not totally debilitated like I was over the weekend. It is still hard for me upstairs alone without her. This was her domain and she is not here but I feel her around here. Actually something really weird happened last night. At about 9:30 I was up in bed with my son watching TV and my husband was downstairs watching TV with my daughter and we all heard a really loud meow. you would think I was crazy. I called down to him to ask him if he heard it and he didn't hear me but was calling up to me asking if I heard a cat. My son heard it too. Amazing!! She was looking for me thats how strong our bond was. How are you doing today?

That’s so awesome you heard her meow! And your husband AND son heard her too, WOW, she is definitely there with you!! Sunday night as I was going to bed, I walked through the house to check on my little girl, all the kitties, and make sure the doors were locked..everyone was sleeping so I walked back through the dining room to my bedroom. The dining room is where I keep a few water bowls, and Big Boy used to always let me know when he was low on water bc he would slide that metal bowl around the entire dining room and it would make an awful screeching noise like nails on a chalkboard lol. The dining room is right next to my bedroom, so just as I closed my bedroom door I heard it..I thought I was losing my mind. I wanted so much for it to be a sign from Big Boy that I didn’t open the door to see if it were one of the other cats. I just stood there for a moment and smiled, then got in the bed. Well when I got up yesterday morning the bowls were still full! Big Boy was the only cat who done that, only when the bowls were low, bc he knew I’d get tired of hearing that noise and get up to refill them lol. The other cats never bother with the bowls unless it’s feeding time, and they were all asleep in the living room when I checked on everyone. I want so badly for that to have been a sign from him! I’ve gotten better, today was a better day. I’ve finally made myself stop thinking about the what if’s, I’ve finally stopped letting me blame myself..every time my mind starts to race I just tell myself to stop. It’s actually helped a little. I’ve been all over the internet today looking up flowers, I want to plant one next to his grave that will come back every spring around this time. I found one called the bleeding heart, and they have a white bleeding heart ( white like his fur ) which symbolizes tragedy, or a tragic death. I’m debating on it or a flowered Dogwood. I wanted blue to match his eyes but I just didn’t see any that had enough meaning, the white bleeding heart really jumped out at me. So I’ll be spending a lot of time outside with him while getting all of that prepared, and I’ve been talking to him and asking for another sign..he probably knows I’ve been too hysterical and crazy to notice a sign the last few days lol 😫. The link I posted was a picture of Pinky, I’ll try again. Idk why I’m having a hard time posting pictures now, it worked fine the first day. The more I look at the pics of Kitty you posted, the more she reminds me of Pinky. Those thick furry legs, goodness she was so gorgeous! And that long fur around her neck like a lion, just beautiful. ❤️ Let me see if I can post it, it may take a few try’s, lol. https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/60050/4483377/1036E46E-516C-4292-B557-E9ED25BAAA4A.png

emjl81

Reply with quote  #39 
Awwww I see Pinky!! Do you still have her (I'm sorry i forget) i laughed so hard about Big boy sliding his bowl across the floor what a hot ticket. I think you should do bleeding hearts. One on my favorite song is Bleeding heart by Jimi Hendrix. Maybe you could do something blue near it too? Thank you for sharing. I will try to get some more pictures up of Kitty I have another good one on my phone. Im glad things are getting easier for you they slowly are for me too. I know they are helping us through it in spirit.

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Awwww I see Pinky!! Do you still have her (I'm sorry i forget) i laughed so hard about Big boy sliding his bowl across the floor what a hot ticket. I think you should do bleeding hearts. One on my favorite song is Bleeding heart by Jimi Hendrix. Maybe you could do something blue near it too? Thank you for sharing. I will try to get some more pictures up of Kitty I have another good one on my phone. Im glad things are getting easier for you they slowly are for me too. I know they are helping us through it in spirit.

Yes I still have Miss Prissy Pinky lol! I took that picture last night, she’s Big Boys sister and she is something else! I tried to get a picture of her setting, like the one of Kitty, so you could see her legs..but Pinky only does what Pinky wants to do lol! I’m pretty sure I’m gonna go with the bleeding hearts, I actually found some blue bleeding hearts online but the reviews said it’s a scam, so I’m going with white. I’m so glad you’re doing better today, I would love to see more pictures of Kitty! I’ll be looking forward to them! XOXO
squeaksmom

Reply with quote  #41 
my sweet 15 year old angel cat died of something very similar. she seemed fine until the day before she passed. i noticed that she was breathing rapidly and with great labor. so i took her to a local vet. they gave her a shot of depo in case it was asthma and told me if wasn't than it was serious. i took her back the next day. she got xrays and her lungs were full of fluid. i took her to a 2nd vet and they told me i should euthanize her. i then rushed her to a hospital and she died right after i brought her in. i felt like i had failed her in many ways. why didn’t i take her to a hospital right away? why didn’t she go to the vet more often. what if’s and why nots are a natural part of grieving. i was reassured by the hospital and the second vet that what killed her was a progressive form of illness either heart disease or cancer and nothing could have been done to save her. i am grateful that she spent her last night in earth in my bedroom and not alone in a hospital cage under observation. i am grateful i was with her when she went. i am grateful i got to have her for close to 14 years. but i was feeling very guilty about feeling that i had done something wrong that had contributed to her death. cats don’t live as long as we do. they are fragile. the dog or you didn’t contribute to your cats death. you gave her a nice safe home. you provided for her. the guilt will fade. it’s hard to let go. it’s been a week and a half. i still cry everyday, but less. i didn’t wake up crying today. i got a bunch of photos of her printed and framed and put them in her favorite spots. i feed the stray cats in my neighborhood more.
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #42 
For those of you having problems posting images, some sites will not allow you to hotlink images (display those images on other sites), so you may want to try using another image hosting site. Just Google for "free image hosting sites" and find something. The downside to that is; at some point those images could be removed for any reason, and they would of course, disappear from your postings here. If you are wanting to share an image from a cloud service, you'll need to get the "share link" for that image to embed in your postings. Or upload the image directly from your computer, which is what I do. Of course you must have the image already on your computer to upload it directly. If it's not already on there, download it to your computer, then do the steps below.

To upload directly from your computer,  do the following. 

1. Click the Insert Photo icon (Located where the red dot is)
1.jpg 

2. Now click Choose Photo 
2.jpg 

3. Once the Windows explorer box opens, search for the photo you want to post.
3.jpg 

Of course, if you prefer to embed am image from a website, click the Web address button and add the link to the image. Just be sure hotlinking is allowed, or the image may not display.
4.jpg 

Hope this helps. And glad to see some of you are feeling a little better. Bless you all!

Her Memorial Thread
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/in-loving-memory-of-lady-g-10037593
emjl81

Reply with quote  #43 
Wow you have a lot of great shots of Lady G she was very photogenic!!

Thanks Squeaksmom you are right. Im getting there. Thanks for sharing your similar story it has helped. I agree about cats being touchy creatures one minute they are fine the next they can be gone but atlas for Kitty it was quick. I would not have wanted to see her suffer. I do have a hard time getting rid of the last image in my mind of her. When she put her head under the blanket in the carrier. As if to say its over. I love your idea about putting photos in your cats favorite places! I did order a nice picture frame and will put it out with her picture to remember her.

Reply with quote  #44 
I can't believe it will be 1 week ago tomorrow that I lost my sweet Kitty. I miss her snuggles and loving so much. RIP 3/8/19

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
I can't believe it will be 1 week ago tomorrow that I lost my sweet Kitty. I miss her snuggles and loving so much. RIP 3/8/19
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.