diva77
My beautiful friend, protector and gorgeous Rhodesian Ridgeback had to be put down on Monday.  She had cancer and it had progressed rapidly the past week.  There was a new tumor on her spine and she was losing the ability to use her back legs. She fought to the end. The memory of her fighting to relieve herself outside and raise back to a walking position are heart wrenching.  She tried so hard.  She finally made it inside after 10 minutes and collapsed on the floor, never to move again.  She was so brave.  In spite of her pain, she never complained and was faithful to the end.  This is the best dog I ever had.  I am crying as the idea of her being gone sinks in.  However, once she had that first injection,  she relaxed and  passed with a smile on her face.  She looked beautiful and peaceful.  I know she is running and jumping again.  I will miss her forever.
Quote 0 0
Hossenfeffer
i am so sorry about your loss. i know it was hard. when it happens, our only relief is they are no longer in pain. 

please know others feel your sadness and are thinking of you.

Quote 0 0
Heidi

I am also very sorry for your loss.  Our Abbie was put to sleep yesterday, so I totally know how you are feeling.  You are in my thoughts.

Heidi
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you found this site. It has really helped me the past month. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

Quote 0 0
donnalee
Dear Diva,
I am very sorry for your great loss of your beautiful girl.  It sounds as if you are still in a bit of shock.  They become such a part of our lives and it is really tough, to say the least, when we lose them. 
I totally identify with your experience.  My wonderful boy also lost the use of his back legs and reached a point where he couldn't relieve himself or hold his head up by himself to drink water.  I know just how heart-wrenching it is to see that.  You remember when they could run and play and you just can't even believe it when these bad things happen to them.  It is worse, because just as you say, they don't deserve it!  
Just as you were able to be with your girl as you said goodbye,  I was able to be with my Scottie when he received his injection and it was also peaceful.  As you read more on this website, you will come to know that you and I were very fortunate in that regard.  So many did not have the chance to say goodbye to their babies. 
I know they are running and playing in healthy bodies in a wonderful place now and we will see them again.  What a happy reunion that will be!  
My thoughts and my heart will be with you as you grieve the loss of your baby.   
Quote 0 0
judylinn
So sorry Diva, about losing your beautiful girl. Maddie had cancer as well. its been 3 1/2 months now, and the most thing I am grateful for, is that she is no longer suffering any pain. It hurts so much. my thoughts and prayers are with you in this painful time. She is your angel now, and lives in your heart. There is a chord of love that binds you, that can never be broken.
Judy
Quote 0 0
jen2010

lm so sorry for your loss no matter how long we have our beautiful pets its never enough

Quote 0 0
Polly
Diva, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your beautiful girl is now at peace, young, healthy and vigorous again.

I also identify with your experience. My small man, my beloved British Blue cat Casper also seemed to welcome the last few seconds of his euthanasia last November. He was a feisty boy and my dad always used to joke that we always had to wear 'gauntlets' on our arms to protect us anytime he went to the vet. He hated going to the vet with a vengeance and always let us know his outrage that we would subject him to such treatment. However, that Saturday afternoon last November, he was as docile as can be. He was so ill he had no fight left in him, poor boy. So he slipped away gently and peacefully in my arms. And I'm glad of that. Just as I can tell from your post that it also brought you some relief that your girl's final moments were peaceful.

This place is such a comfort. The people here are so wonderful and will help you along the road to healing.

My thoughts are with you.

Polly
Quote 0 0