cunkefer
I just joined this support site today. I was devastated when I had to end Brit's suffering of kidney failure. I posted a reply to the thread about Pre. I poured my heart out to Pre's 'dad' for his loss and for mine. I read so many posts that were expressing exactly what I am feeling. So very, very helpful! Thank you so much for this site and the posts of everyone - the compassion is without measure.
Carla
Quote 0 0
Samiam
Reading the posts do help, I am hoping each day gets better. We said goodbye to Buddy, it happened in only three weeks. He went from having a small limp in the front paw to having cancer spread throughout his beautiful body. He was such a good boy. I pray your grief can be replaced each day in a small way with some joy.
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
Hi Carla,

I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Brit.  I've been missing my Charlie for a week now.  I had to make the decision to say goodbye because he had liver problems.  His loss has been devastating.

I went and read your other post and I don't have much interest in doing things either.  I've lost my motivation and even though we have other pets and my kids are awesome, the world looks a little less bright right now.

This forum has been a good place for me to just let my feelings out or try to support others who are feeling the same way.

Hugs to you

Tammy
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
My heart goes out to you after you had to say goodbye to your beautiful Brit.  I know the terrible pain that you are suffering now without her by your side.  I also had to end my gorgeous beagle, Bella's suffering from kidney failure brought on by medication to manage a brain tumour.  It was the hardest day of my life and the 5 months that have followed have not been much better.  Nothing prepares us for this immense grief that we feel, but we can console ourselves with the knowledge that we are only suffering to this degree because of the strong bond that we had with them.  We have been truly blessed to be their family.  We now just live with the belief that they are in a better place living with great happiness that they so richly deserve.
I wish you peace and healing. 
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Kylea
I'm so sorry for your loss! This site has been really helpful for me as well. I hope the posts and comments help you with your grief. We are always here for you and will help you in any way we can!

I'm so sorry again about Brit! 

Kylea
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
cunkefer
Thank you all so very much. I have told so many friends about how much this forum has helped me through these days and nights. You all are a 'godsend' as we say here in northeast Ohio. I try to keep busy during the day -eves are the hardest, especially now that fall is here.
Carla
Quote 0 0
Jinxandmatildas_mom
Carla, i totally agree with you as it is now fall here in Delaware too, the season changing is very hard, it's weird, like for me I don't want the seasons to change without them,I used to love fall,not this year, and the coming holiday season, frankly I would like to just skip it, I am not sure how we get past this, others have told me we will but a lot of 'firsts' without them are the worst, just know you are not alone, as we all understand and feel the same things and are here for each other
Kathy
Quote 0 0
cunkefer
Thank you, Kathy, so very much. The feeling of being all alone was so very overwhelming...now I know where to turn when that happens again! I am feeling a bit better each day. Still cannot take my walks in the woods nor look at pics of her but I will someday. Through the support from you and others, I am allowing my grief to progress as it wants to. It works well and certainly honors how Brit calmly handled hers. : )
Carla
Quote 0 0