Forum

Author   Comment  
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #1 
My beloved Border Collie - Shelby - just left me the other day. She was (18) years old and the love of my life. I had her since she was (8) months old, so we spent a lot of wonderful years together. The pain of losing her is almost unbearable. As I look back in retrospect, all of my memories are pleasant ones. Shelby was a rescue BC from Glen Highland Farm in Morris, NY. She found her forever home with me back in May of 2003. She was a frisbee catcher extraordinaire. She's spend hours entertaining me, friends and neighbors with her acrobatic catches. She played frisbee up until the age of (14). Her back legs did not possess the muscle mass to play frisbee anymore, so we did long walks instead. her health was always exceptional. No cancer, heart disease, kidney or liver issues. Just tons and tons of pre energy.  The pain I'm feeling right now is very real. I can't stop crying. Shelby was my Soul-Mate. I had a stronger emotional bond with her than I did with my ex-wife. We were in perfect sync together. We were made to be together. I know she had a really long life but I miss her desperately. That's why I joined this forum. To grieve and move forward. I was truly blessed to have a Border Collie of her caliber for so many years.

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so sorry for your loss James.  18 years is a long time.  Of course your grief and pain is intense right now.  I'm so happy for you that most of your memories are happy ones.  We all will grieve in our own way, on our own time schedule.  I've found so much relief coming to this forum and posting when I need to, or just reading about other people's precious losses and relationships with their pets.  You've come to the right place.

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Teri:

Thank You so much for your kind, reassuring words. Yes, I agree. This Forum can be very cathartic for those of us needing to begin the grieving journey. I am so glad that I found it. 

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, I lost my Spin at almost 17 years old 10 days ago. The pain is unbearable but they are running and jumping again over the Rainbow Bridge.

Hang tight and huge hugs to you.

Di
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Dai:

I am so sorry about your recent loss. You said your "Spin" was almost (17). That's a good, long life, Since it only happened (10) days ago, you are really feeling the pain right now like me. So glad that I joined this forum so we can support each other. Stay strong and keep posting - it can help.   

Reply with quote  #6 
Dear Jim,

Love and prayers to you.

Melissa

Reply with quote  #7 
Dear Melissa:

Thank You so much. I really miss my little girl. 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.