DevorahGrunau1

I lost my 15 year old beautiful Maltese just two weeks ago. I have had so many dogs go to the Rainbow Bridge, but I just can't seem to move on now with this loss. She was my constant companion for 15 years. When my children were young, we always had at least two or three dogs that were family dogs. When Winnie came into our lives, she picked me as her person and she was my pup. I think most people expect me to move on... but i am really struggling. I think I need people who understand that she was not just a dog, she was my darling girl, my beautiful puppy girl, my family. 15 years of unconditional love is so wonderful and I am so grateful to have had her for so long.
I have a 5 year old Silky Terrier who does help to take the sting out of it with his love, his antics and his beautiful face. Everyone is telling me to get a new puppy as if Winnie was replaceable.
Thanks,
Devorah

Devorah Grunau
Quote 0 0
catperson
Two weeks is not very long...especially for a dog you had for 15 years. Although some people don't understand,  it may be their own discomfort with grief that makes them want you to be moving on. And some animals ARE more special than others, and so very much harder to lose...I just lost a very special 12 year old cat a few days ago, and know how you feel; I still have his sister, fortunately - don't know what I would do without her right now!
Quote 0 0