JP
For those who were kind enought to offer me their support back at the beginning of February after my tremendously sad loss with Inky, I just wanted to say that his adopted baby brother Tizzy also died in my arms earlier this morning Wednesday 25th May, 2016 at 11.10am, aged only 11yrs.

On the 1st April, after his having a typical regular check up, was a stomach tumour discovered. Apparently there was nothing that i could do or that could be done to save him. The past week saw the cancer very quickly metabolize and he became weaker and weaker, vomiting after almost every meal, and so now i can only hope that my two little boys are finally playing together again.

I still cannot believe though that this could possibly have happened so soon over again. What a terrible year it has been so far and now only little Sparky remains to keep me company.

Two mornings ago I telephoned my regular vet to book in the final journey for him, and being a nice day i let him sit out on the grass driveway outside my home for his last warm day in the sun. When at lunchtime i went out to get him, he had gone and did not return. For the following hours and throughout all that night i was half mad with worry continuously searching the hedges and bushes in the neighbourhood with a torch until daylight thinking he may have gone off on his own to die or had been taken off by a fox, but as i was to discover, that wasnt the case at all. Apparently, an elderly visitor to the area that morning saw him and thinking he looked very ill picked him up and took him, unbeknown to myself, over to my regular vet two minutes away and she for her part, not even bothering to look any further at either his markings or condition, told the lady that they would not deal with a 'stray' cat from her without pre-payment and thereafter called in the cat and dog pound to take it off her hands who then took Tizzy into the next county in a cage to be disposed of in due course.

it was only by chance that at 10am yesterday morning after seaching all through night that a neighbor knocked on my door to say she saw Tizzy being picked up and taken away by the passer by that i finally managed then to trace him back through the route he had gone and then drive the eighty mile round trip to rescue him back from the cat pound. They were very pleased that i turned up with his photos and to find that he was not an abandoned animal after all and after explaining his condition, the circumstances and events, and then them confirming with my vet to check that he was indeed a patient boooked in for his final journey they were happy to release him back over into my safe care.

I could not blame the elderly lady one bit for being wanting to be kind or certain that he was ok as she didnt know the circumstances but i certainly had some very strong words with my vet who should have known better that any animal, whether it was mine or anyone elses that was brought to them and thought to be requiring medical attention should never be discarded so promptly because of lack of payment. Needless to say i immediately unregistered with her and through a friends recommendation discovered a new and most kind and considerate vet who this morning treated Tizzy so gently that he actually cuddled down into my arms and died with a smile on his little face, And my local pet crematorium, remembering the death of Inky with kidney disease back in February arranged a lovely service for Tizzy afterwards.

I am thankful that there are still some good and kind people who really do care about our animals, and although i am so very heartbroken and raw at the loss of my dear Tizzy today, I really shudder at the thought at what may have happened had i never discovered the events of the past two days.

JP

Quote 0 0
JM1974
I am heartily sorry for your loss of the two and so close together. 
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Wow, you certainly did a good job in finding Tizzy. I'm so sorry that you have lost her forever but I'm pleased you were with her when she passed over.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I'm so sorry for your loss of Tizzy... what a tragic loss to lose both so close to each other. It is heartbreaking when they go downhill so rapidly with cancer or another illness. I hope you and Sparky will comfort each other through this time. That is very lucky that you found him.  People need to be more careful about taking a cat or dog to a dvm when they're not sure if he/she is abandoned. I would think your dvm would know that it may not be a stray or maybe even recognize him. That is great you found a new more compassionate doc. Hugs to you <3
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
So sorry for your loss.  Such a sad story and I'm glad you tracked your kitty down.  I don't understand why your vet didn't recognize him as one of their patients.  Today is 13 weeks since my Little went to the Rainbow Bridge.  Wednesday morning around 11:10 am,  like your kitty.  I will always hate Wednesdays as I lost my other kitty Batman on Wednesday morning also.  I hope you can find some peace somewhere on this road of grief.  You have 2 babies that you are grieving for.  I will say a prayer for you...

Betty

Little - Feb 4, 1998 - Feb. 24, 2016
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
JP I am so sorry for the loss of both of your babies.  Two in such a short time is so very painful.  I am so very glad to hear you found Tizzy.  I can only express my sorrow at your losses.  I still grieve over my Winston.  I know how devestating just one pet is.  I wish you the best of luck in the future.  Know that yopur babies are together now.  Bless You   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I'm wondering the same thing Beachie girl... really pretty crazy :-(
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry and a loss for words, especially reading how your Inky transitioned in February, and now your new rescue...Tizzy....I am sooo sorry!!! I am so very thankful that you found your Tizzy and was with your Tizzy til the end. Please know we are here for you...and you are not alone...

Cam

Quote 0 0
Ell99
dear jp- i am so very very sorry at the loss of your beautiful tizzy. im so glad tizzy got to be with you . tizzy is now with inky. it breaks my heart to read all these stories- as i and all of us feel your pain eventhough we have our own also. im glad that we all have each other thru this horrible journey of grief. im so sad and lost that i really do not think i will ever be able to have another pet. hugs. elle xx
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
JP,

So sorry for your loss of your two babies and all you have gone through! What an amazing story and so glad you found Tizzy in time. You were right to go off on that vet! So horrible to treat Tizzy and you that way! Praying you find comfort and peace during this tragic time!

Terri
Terri
Quote 0 0
CB
I too am very sorry for your loss and for the difficult set of events before you located Tizzy. To lose both is so heartbreaking. Take comfort that Izzy felt your love while you held her and was so peaceful at the end. Now she can run pain free no young again. Wishing you peace and comfort.
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0
JP
Thank you all for your kind support. The house was very empty yesterday now that the other two boys have gone.

Sparky spent the day going back and forth out onto the front porch looking out for his brother and then coming into the kitchen looking really unhappy and confused and i cant help feeling sorry for him, but perhaps in time he will find another little playmate in the house if i feel he really is too lonely on his own.

Tizzy was originally mums cat. I brought him back for her as a surprise after she lost her own cat and when she died he then came back to me.

As a kitten he arrived to her on a hot sunny day in an open top Triumph Vitesse with his head poking out through the top of the box on the passenger seat so he could see all the way home what was going on and he never changed. Even going to the vets he was always happy to sit like that. Of course when mum died i got him back but he was one cat that really loved traveling in cars!

Even though i know i couldnt yave done anything other I still have this sense of guilt when i had to take him on his last trip. With Inky, I knew that with the kidney disease he was sleepy and not entirely aware of what was happening, but tizzy was still wide awake and so alert.

I dont think there is anything worse than knowing that as an owner, you cannot really do anything for an animal that is in pain. We cannot give them human drugs to stop it and the old vet just offered to sell me more stuff to stop him vomiting when i felt it was clear that it was the stomach tumor itself that was causing the blockage and he couldn't digest his food through his little system.. His time had come, but even then it didnt make it any easier.

I only wish we could have far more research into cat and dog cancers and other diseases.

Currently only 1% of animal funding in the UK goes towards that type of reasearch and we need so much more to be done, and certainly far more transparency of the income that the 'official' pet charities here in the UK are receiving.

JP

Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I have that guilt too JP. Give Sparky tons of hugs and I hope you can get him a companion in time. Syb is also missing Wiz, she is a more solitary cat but she loved him a great deal. 
Quote 0 0
dkinney
Hi JP. I'm so sorry about the passing of your sweet Tizzy. We lost our Corgi, Jenny, in January. It still hurts. She was our heart. Please know there are lots of us who know how you feel. God bless you.
Quote 0 0