Rigina
I have to pick up your ashes today and I’m so afraid. It’s another testament to you being gone. You’ll never be your cuddly self again. God knows I miss you, my heart breaks each time the truth sets in.

Having just found this outlet for grief, I’m hoping someone will say anything to help me through the pain once I have my Honey’s remains in my possession. I’m devestated and heartbroken. The physical pain is anguish.
Rigina
Quote 0 0
Cat_dad
Hi Rigina,

Firstly I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our little baby Polo in the last few days, she was 19 and we had her since she was 8 week's old.
We pick up her ashes this Monday.

It's so damn hard and sometimes words mean nothing, but writing on this forum will hopefully give you a little support as we are all hurting and I know what you are feeling.

Honey looked like an absolutely beautiful little puss.

Take care and look after yourself.

Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Hi Regina, I'm sorry for your loss. Your Honey reminds me of my Ginger. Gone nearly a week a now. My heart has been hurting since. And my chest has been experiencing actual physical pain. They were our babies. The reality of their loss is heart breaking. This forum has been an anchor, filled with pet parents that understand and support. We're here for you.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I’m so sorry for your loss Rigina! The pictures of Honey are so cute! What a beautiful girl!! I wish I could say something to just take away your pain. I lost 2 little dogs and my belief is that I’ll be seeing them again. It helps to have that faith. I hope you post more about Honey. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Rigina
Thanks so much CK1991. I’m so sorry for your loss as well. It’s just not an easy time and unless you’re a pet lover, people just can’t relate. It’s the few posts and responses on this site that are helping me cope.

Honey occupied every space in my apt. He was a cuddler from the first night he came to me. In bed, and just plunged himself against me. I had never seen this before in any of my previous cats. I knew he was special and he helped me through my depression and anxiety. His presence and obvious closeness brought me calm. Didn’t matter where he was in the apt, as soon as I’d lie down, in bed or my recliner, up and close he’d be. Under my arm he’d wiggle until we were in a cuddle position. And the conversations, omg, Honey had his language and as soon as I learnt it, we’d have 2 way conversations. And his sighs of contentment.!!! Literally big breath in and long sigh out - just like a person. He was one of a kind and I can hardly wait to see him again. A gift from Heaven he was ❤️❤️❤️💔
Rigina
Quote 0 0
JuJuBee
I am so sorry for your loss Rigina. I love the photos of you and your cat. Your Honey seemed so affectionate and so special.

You are right that our pets take up so much space in our homes and lives, and they provide us with unconditional love. I too lost my beloved cat about a week ago, after 13 wonderful years. I understand the pain you are going through.

Take care,

JB
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
I am so sorry for your loss, Rigina. Your kitty seems like such a special cat! I, too, lost a cuddle buddy, Stealth, on 9/21. I picked his ashes up on tuesday of this week. And I completely understand how you feel. Picking them up right after losing them was devastating all over again. It caused my husband to break down, which only goes to show how strong our bonds are with them!

I know how hard nights can be also. My kitty cuddled with us at night as well, and the bed and our home seems so empty.

I hope you will continue to come back to the forum. All of us can empathize with you and your loss. It can be overwhelming and having the support of people who truly do know what you are going through can be helpful. As does writing down your thoughts/feelings along the way.

All the best,
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Rigina
Michelle
Thank you so much for your kind encouragement. I’m so sorry for your loss and can to well relate to that empty space in bed. You are correct about this forum. It’s been a God send to share and receive support while we all experience our own grief in the loss of our beloved fur babies. I hope one day soon your pain subsides and is replaced by all the beautiful memories your fur baby brought you. They are forever in our hearts. ❤️ Take care and all the best.
Rigina
Quote 0 0
Rigina
JuJuBee wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss Rigina. I love the photos of you and your cat. Your Honey seemed so affectionate and so special.

You are right that our pets take up so much space in our homes and lives, and they provide us with unconditional love. I too lost my beloved cat about a week ago, after 13 wonderful years. I understand the pain you are going through.

Take care,

JB
Rigina
Quote 0 0
Rigina
Thank you JB for your encouragement. I am so sorry for your loss too. Only time and the precious memories we have can heal the empty spaces in our lives. I wish you all the best in your healing journey! Best regards.
Rigina
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Rigina, I wanted to check back in and I see all the wonderful pictures you’ve posted! Honey was such a beautiful cat and it’s easy to see how much you loved each other. You’re so right! Our beloved pets are a gift from heaven!! Helping you through hard times made your bond even stronger but then so much harder for you to lose Honey. He’s not really lost you know. He’ll be your own little angel now!
I hope you’re feeling okay! I know that it’s such a hard time for you. Hugs Rigina!
CK
Quote 0 0