Nicksdolly
Hi everyone.
Dakota went to bed with me July 3 but by morning she was unable to walk. I had to put her down the next day. I actually touched every inch of her with my hand to remember her by. I still can feel her.

I was there holding her when she was put down, a cry came out of me that was coming from the bottom of my soul. Days later , I truly thought it was a dream and kept asking my family to wake me up.

I am devastated. I see her everywhere in the house. I live alone so the silence is deafening. I have begged god to send her back to me. And I still cry every night. I am lost.
Quote 0 0
KarenE
Nicksdolly,
I am so sorry for your loss. We put our beautiful Golden Retriever down on July 10. I can really sympathize with what you are feeling. I too feel lost and see my Lambeau everywhere in the house.I can only imagine that living alone is very difficult. I have prayed and begged for God to let me have my boy back. I think what we are feeling is what many people on this forum have experienced too. I have been writing nightly posts to Lambeau and find it comforting. I really believe that we will see them again one day and that somehow they are still with us. Again I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Dakota.

Karen
Karen 
Quote 0 0
Sil
Nicksdolly,

I am very sorry for your loss of Dakota.  This pain is like no other pain.  Dakota, knows how much you loved/love her.  You made the "hardest" decision of all - this decision was based on love.  You wanted Dakota to get well, but, when that was not possible - You took away her pain and set her free.  Dakota is free of pain.  But, your heart is left with the emptiness of her absence.  Yet, her presence is everywhere.  Our fur babies touched every inch of our house and of our hearts.  They leave paw prints everywhere.
My belief is that WE will see them again.  Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Karen E,

I am sorry for your loss of Lambeau.  I asked the same thing....I wanted my Sol back.....I wanted Sol as a puppy, just wanted a second chance, maybe, I could prevent his illness from happening.  This loss is so unbelievable intense.  But, we will see them again. God please ease our pain.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your Dakota. ❤️ I remember when I lost my dog, Sunny, and I saw and looked for him everywhere too. All of the places where he used to be and it's so hard when suddenly they aren't there now. It pains me thinking of it and I have tears in my eyes thinking how difficult it is for you going through that now. I know seems like a bad dream that you just want to wake up from.
It's so good that you could stay with Dakota when she was put down. You looked after her needs to the very end. It's hard being alone but I hope you will write more about Dakota when you are feeling up to it. I will check back to see if you have any updates.
I am thinking of you and praying that your heart will find some peace. 🙏🏻
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0
KarenE
Sil,
Thank you so much for your kind and hopeful words. We all need to hang on to that thought...we will see them again.I am sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Karen
Karen 
Quote 0 0
Nicksdolly
Hi everyone
It has been two and a half weeks since my beautiful Dakota passed and tonight I really hit me hard. I cradled her urn in my arms crying and talking to her.
I know I have to go through the stages of grief but I am so angry that she was taken away from me. She was truly mine and no one else’s. The pain is so deep that I can’t stand it. I want to scream and shout and be mad at God. Why??? I keep asking myself. But there are no answers .. only silence.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Nicksdolly,
I'm sorry that tonight is hitting you extra hard. My Rookie passed away 7/20, so he is not back with me yet, but I have periodically been hugging his blanket and holding his collar. It makes me feel a bit like a crazy person, as I realize they're things, and not him, but it does console me a bit. I'll be thinking if you and Dakota tonight.
Quote 0 0