MommylovesChloe
My darling girl is gone, it is breaking my heart but I had to let her go. She developed a tumour in her throat and life was becoming a struggle for her. She was the sweetest little cat, who I rescued 9 years ago when the lady she lived with died. That lady gave her her name. 
She was such a comfort when two of my cats had to be allowed to go over the Rainbow Bridge within 3 weeks of each other because they were so ill. All 3 of them lived to the age of 21 so I am blessed to have had their love for so many years. 
As I was getting washed this morning I felt William brushing round my legs. He used to do that when he was still with me so I knew this morning that he had come for her. I still miss him even now, and my sweet Rosie girl. My heart is breaking but I hope she goes safely over the Rainbow Bridge to meet the ones who went before her

My house is going to feel so empty now they are all gone.
I needed to come here before when I lost two of my darling furbabies within 3 weeks of one another a few years ago and now my last one is gone. She had a tumour in her throat and it was the kindest thing to let her go. I rescued her when her owner died and I am so glad that I did, she has brought so much love to my life. My heart is breaking but I hope she goes safely over the Rainbow Bridge to meet the ones who went before her
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Chloe's mom, I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Rosie.  I know your heart is breaking right now and everyone here knows the pain that has taken over your life right now.  I cannot imagine what it must have been like to lose two so close together and now your Rosie.  I know it doesn't seem like it will ever happen right now, but I do think the pain does begin to soften a little as more and more time passes.  I am not so sure the emptiness ever goes away but I guess you eventually learn to live with it.  There are many caring people on this site who are going through the same pain.  It often helps just knowing that there are others who can identify with what your are going through.  I hope your memories of Rosie will someday soon bring a smile to you instead of tears.  My thoughts are with you.
Alice
Quote 0 0
MommylovesChloe
Thank you AliceM - I can see I wasn't making much sense when I wrote that. William and Rosie were my two cats that I lost about 5 years ago, within 3 weeks of each other. Chloe is my cat that I lost today. I didn't give her that name, that is what she was called when I rescued her. I used to say to her "Mommy loves Chloe" and she purred whenever I spoke to her. She went deaf a few months ago but she still purred when she could see me talking to her. I am blessed that I had cats with the loveliest sweet natures. Yes, it is very difficult, as you say and it is very painful. Expressing how I felt, and the kind responses,  helped me last time, which is how I found myself back here this morning. 
Thank you again.

Celia

I needed to come here before when I lost two of my darling furbabies within 3 weeks of one another a few years ago and now my last one is gone. She had a tumour in her throat and it was the kindest thing to let her go. I rescued her when her owner died and I am so glad that I did, she has brought so much love to my life. My heart is breaking but I hope she goes safely over the Rainbow Bridge to meet the ones who went before her
Quote 0 0
maxs_mom
I am so sorry that you have lost your sweet Chloe. It is so hard to lose our babies. Hope that you can find some comfort in all the sweet memories of your little girl.
Quote 0 0
MommylovesChloe
Thank you maxs mom, I hope you and aliceM are also able in time to remember the happy times more that you are feeling the pain. 
Quote 0 0
MommylovesChloe
I hope this will help those of you who wonder about your pets after they have passed to spirit. Because, yes, animals have souls, no matter what some people might say. I am privileged to be able to communicate with spirit and this includes animals. I sometimes get a nagging sense of having to quickly find pen and paper and I receive poems that kind of "drop" into my head, I have to write them down very quickly. I am not a poet so I am sure these poems come from another place.  

My two cats who went to spirit about 5 years ago often make their presence known to me, I get a glimpse of a little shape, I sometimes see sparkly lights in places they liked to be. A few nights before I let Chloe go, she was in her basket under my work table - wherever I went, she followed me. I saw lots of little bright sparkly lights dancing around her that night and convinced myself that she would be gone next morning, but when she woke next morning she was as bright as it was possible for her to be. I am sure though that my other cats had come to see her. Shortly after my William and Rosie went over the Rainbow Bridge  at the beginning of 2010, less than 3 weeks apart, I received a poem from spirit. It was about Chloe. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you.
The lady that Chloe had lived with was called Mary and she died in her bed and Chloe was shut in the house for a week before she was found. Chloe was used to being the only cat in the house so when I brought her to live with me it was a while before they all got on with each other, but she was a huge comfort to me when my other two left me. It was only when Chloe got ill that she began to come and sit on my lap for a cuddle, which was lovely because she had the softest fur imaginable. My little Calico Cat. 

Chloe Cat.

She stares at me, her amber eyes are filled with love and trust

Her fluffy coat a  patchy mix of black and white and rust

Her owner died, whilst in her bed;  this little cat was left

Alone, shut in, for seven long  days, abandoned and bereft.

I didn’t want another cat; I had two of my own

But when she looked, with soulful eyes, I had to take her home.

Her owner gone, she needed me, to stroke her thick soft fur

And now I lost my  darling cats, well me, I’m needing  her.

She doesn’t come for cuddles  and she doesn’t want a fuss

But she’s a sweet and gentle soul, this darling little puss

We don’t know where she came from, the only thing we know

Was when she turned up with her kits with nowhere else to go

At Mary’s home, in Liverpool, a shabby little house

She was a little alley cat; I swear she mews in Scouse

My lovable companion, together we can  be

Chloe girl, you’re welcome, to share my home with me

So Mary if you’re watching, your little girl is fine

She’s happy and contented and I’m glad that she is mine. 

February 2010

Quote 0 0
Millie
What a sweet face Chloe has... I am so sorry for your loss...and thank you for sharing her with us here. It helps to know the way other people feel about their furbabies.  Such a great dedication to her... She is a lucky Furbaby... Take the time for you ! ((HUGS)) Millies Mom
Shari Ostrowski
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Celia, I am so sorry that I got the names mixed up on your kitties.  I had been reading on this site for a while and the tears were flowing (the reason I don't come on this site as much as I used to) but I am so sorry for the loss of Chloe, as well as your others that you lost so close together.  I hope your days will begin to be easier as time passes.  
Alice
Quote 0 0
MommylovesChloe
It doesn't matter AliceM, I didn't make myself very clear either because my tears too were flowing. It is very comforting to know that people on this site are so kind. 

Thank you Millie, I do believe it helps to know that how we are feeling is normal. It is such a difficult time for people and lovely that others can empathise 

Quote 0 0
MommylovesChloe
Kind of coping, but then I break into little pieces
Quote 0 0