snoopsmum
Last Wednesday turned out to be one of the worst days ever for me. My big boxer boy snoop my best friend and my world was put to sleep. He fought a good fight he had been diagnosed with a brain tumour 8 weeks ago but last week it just got to much for him.

I am not coping at all I cry constantly and just want to know my special boy is ok. He was like a human to me as me and my partner do not have kids. He has been by my side for 13 years and I miss him so much.

People do not understand my mother told me today I need to get a grip. I just want my boy. I feel bad as we have 2 lovely boxers storm and max and I just feel I am distancing myself from them and they do not deserve that.
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
My heart goes out to you and may I hold it in prayer.   I totally know HOW it feels. You feel like you want to go on too, right?   Like you lost your heart.   Having recently been through this, I say that cry it out, let it go, it is NORMAL and you will return to some normalcy after awhile, I promise, I did.    Your precious is not really gone, he has a soul and his soul is in heaven with God.   God created everything and all creatures have a soul.  You will see your precious with visible eyes again, so he's really not gone!  He is in FULLNESS OF ANIMAL JOY!     Something that may help you through all this is a book called:  "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" by Gary Kurz.  I found it and it was the lifesource to help me through the 1st 30 days.   It is a Biblical devotion for your grieving and it was a pure lifesaver ok?   I got it at Barnes & Noble, but you may have to order.   It is the most amazing book I've ever found about animals in heaven......I hope this helps your pain & grief.  It's ok, he's there!  :)

Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
Emtteach34
I am so sorry for the loss of your best buddy. I lost my baby girl on Friday after 16 years. Grief has no time frame, so take as much time as you need. The loss never leaves, but eases in time. The pain will be replaced by fond memories. For support, you've come to the right place. Take your time, my friend. Bless your little boy. Him and my little girl I am sure are playing right now and that comforts me. I hope the same for you-
Quote 0 0
snoopsmum
Thank you both for your replies . My hear is broken and people just do not understand my mother told me I need to get a grip of my self and get on with it. I can't I just can't . I just wish I could talk to snoop for one last time and know he is ok xx
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
snoopsmum, i'm so sorry to read about the loss of your big boy snoop - what a beautiful boxer he is!  i say "he is" because across the bridge our babies are healthy and whole again and he is as beautiful as he ever was.  i'm sorry your mom doesn't seem to understand how you are feeling and for anyone to tell you to "get a grip on yourself and get on with it" really isn't what you should have been told.  we all need to grieve and to do that in a way that makes us feel better even if someone else may feel awkward - it is our hearts that are in need of working the grief and tremendous loss out and that is our personal choice what is best for each of us.  crying certainly helps; an occasional scream or two also works; it's all personal and i'm glad you found this forum.  here nobody will ever tell you anything other than grieve as you need to hon; you will get support, encouragement, virtual hugs and prayers.  as for talking to snoop, i would keep on talking to him and visualizing him listening to you anytime you feel the need or desire to.  our babies on the other side aren't as far from us as we believe them to be and they are always near us.  they see us crying and hear us talking to them and calling out for them in the dead of the night when we realize they aren't here with us.  you will be reunited someday but until then...keep right on talking to him hon, he hears you!  many many hugs and prayers to you.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Snoopsmum, so very sorry about losing your handsome boy Snoop, we lost our 17 year old boy Jim just over 6 weeks ago. Like you, we have no kids so he was very much our baby. The first 2 or 3 weeks were unbearable, a huge piece of your life has been taken away - it is so hard not to be able to see and hold them. About 4 weeks in, I finally realised he had gone to a better place, a place were he is now young again, running about like he used to do. 
  Like Jerseynonna, I still believe that our lost friends souls remain with us, I still speak to Jim, I can almost feel some days that he is still here with us - its like an unbroken bond that is too strong to just vanish. Take all the time you need to grieve - its not about getting a grip - its impossible to just be expected to snap out of it. Even when you start to accept what has happened ( and you will i promise), you`ll still have days when it hits you all over again - it happened to me on Saturday. Hugs to you, Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0