lauren_b_123
Hello. I'm Lauren I'm 13 years old. today, we had my wonderful bunny put to sleep. he had so many problems with his body and it was simply cruel to have him continue living. he's been my best friend for six years but I couldn't bear to watch him go. Instead of going with him, I said goodbye at home and let my mum take him to the vet. I am feeling quite guilty about me not going with him and I was looking for advice. my mum was cuddling him the whole time so I know that he felt safe. I just feel terrible for letting him go without me with him. any advice? thank you all ~ Lauren x
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Lauren, you are a young girl only 13 y/o....going with your Mum to the vet may have been a hard experience for you, you did get to say goodbye to your bunny b4 going to the vet, and that means the world! Back in the day when i was a teenager, i could not go to
the vets when my mum had our dogs put to sleep, its a sad thing to watch and see. You did the right thing, you said your goodbyes and now your Bunny is romping around the Rainbow Bridge in no more pain.....and your guardian angel

Cam

Quote 0 0
lauren_b_123
thank you so much for your kind words. that honestly means the world to me. x
Quote 0 0
camunki
anytime Lauren...and your bunny was so adorable, very nice picture or you both....He is at peace now running free!! 

Cam

Quote 0 0
Idahosmom
Hi Lauren,
I think it was mature of you to realize that it was time to let him sleep. He's not suffering anymore. You got to say goodbye to your best friend. He's probably glad that you stayed home instead of going with your mother. I have a feeling he would have wanted it that way, to say your goodbyes at home. I don't think he would want you to feel guilty.
I'm very sorry for your loss. I can tell you loved each other very much. Thanks for sharing that wonderful picture.
Quote 0 0
rachbu
I agree with everyone else!  You are a sweet, young lady, and a fantastic friend to your little bunny.  Take it from those of us who were in the room with our pets--it is NOT something you need to see at 13.  You were very brave and said goodbye to your loving friend and you made him feel how much you truly cared for him.  That's more than enough.

You'll see so many, many sad things in life.  It is NOT selfish to let your parents protect you from that for a little while longer.  I promise you, your bunny wants you to remember him in the best of times, not when he was old and sick.  Keep THOSE memories alive in your head.  They will ALWAYS live in your heart.  And remember your sweet little bun-bun whenever you need comfort, and know you have a guardian angel watching over your shoulder always and forever.

take care, sweet girl.
~Rachel
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Lauren, your bunny is adorable and I am sorry for your loss. You are a brave young lady in many ways. You kept in mind what was best for your special friend when he  needed you to. His final moments were in the caring hands of your Mum and she did what was best for you, and your sweet bunny. He is most certainly hopping around the Rainbow Bridge in perfect health now.
        The love you had for him will remain with you both forever............Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
lauren_b_123
Thank you all so, so much x
Quote 0 0