ez
It’s been 9 days since you left me my little angel. Lola and Chloe are trying to comfort me but I have nothing for them right now. You fought so hard because you knew how much I loved and needed you. You took care of me for 16 years now no one meets me at the door.i am shattered and I’m too old now to ever put my heart back together. I miss you little girl but you are Not suffering and that’s what matters.i love you baby I love you
Quote 1 0
Tankie12
I’m sorry you’re hurting, this is such a hard road to be forced on us. I used to sleep walk as a kid and I remember waking up in a fog outside alone in the dark not knowing where I was. This brings back so much of that lost and frightened feeling. Just alone and not knowing what to do, like a deer frozen in the headlights.
This group, these hearts that are going through this have become a lifeline. It’s still dark but this time I’m not alone, neither are you,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 1 0
exburt
Hi, Jack. 

I check in to Rainbow Bridge from time to time. It helped me tremendously in the past, so I look to see if I can be of any help to anyone else. I saw your posts, and they're as raw as anything I've read on the site. I see the RB community has joined hands to support you in this most difficult time. I hope you've returned Jack to his refrigerator perch, and that you're not talking any more. 

I am a long time cat daddy; 40+ years. All kinds, sizes and temperaments. Some of 'em I liked, some not so much, some I loved. But every now and then, you get one of those little suckers that gets their claws deep into your heart. Soulmate cat, is the best way I can put it. It's obvious Batli was one of those for you. I lost a soulmate a year ago, so I get what's happening with you - no need to elaborate, and words are not really adequate. 

I've been reading the posts you've been getting from BNM, Tankie12, MAlcindor, Chels1424, ksfrick, Ginger4256, catiebee, Echo and all the other RB friends. The emotional support, comfort and assistance you've been getting from them has been spot on. I'm glad you've been taking it to heart. I don't have anything to add to what they've been expressing to you.

I can see in your latest post that you are still struggling. I do have a suggestion. It pulled me out of a deep darkness a year ago, and it's helped other RB-ers in a similar place.

Create a Memorial page for Batli on RB. Don't upload a few pictures of Batli and leave it at that. Write Batli's story for us. I want to know how you met, and how you bonded. How was she growing up? Was she a pistol, or a cool customer? How was she with people and other animals? Did she terrorize vets? How did she change as she aged? How was she with kids? And I know this part will be extremely difficult, but I think it's important. Please recount her last days, and where she resides today. (From your posts, I see that both of our kitties were proper cats to the end, both struggling to make it to the litter box to do their business. Cats are amazing, aren't they?)

It took time to finish my cat's bio. It was wrenching for me. Boxes of tissues. But it was cleansing. And now I visit her whenever I want. I still enjoy reading about how how I met my hot mama - and I wrote it! For me, though I'll miss her forever, it's an absolute blessing having this space to reconnect with my dear departed. 

Of course there's no guarantee you'll have the same experience, but I think the odds are with you. If you do the Memorial, please let us know when it's done. It would be an honor to get to know your and Batli's story. 

You have all my best wishes, 
Burt

B Weinstein
Quote 0 0
ez
exburt wrote:
Hi, Jack. 

I check in to Rainbow Bridge from time to time. It helped me tremendously in the past, so I look to see if I can be of any help to anyone else. I saw your posts, and they're as raw as anything I've read on the site. I see the RB community has joined hands to support you in this most difficult time. I hope you've returned Jack to his refrigerator perch, and that you're not talking any more. 

I am a long time cat daddy; 40+ years. All kinds, sizes and temperaments. Some of 'em I liked, some not so much, some I loved. But every now and then, you get one of those little suckers that gets their claws deep into your heart. Soulmate cat, is the best way I can put it. It's obvious Batli was one of those for you. I lost a soulmate a year ago, so I get what's happening with you - no need to elaborate, and words are not really adequate. 

I've been reading the posts you've been getting from BNM, Tankie12, MAlcindor, Chels1424, ksfrick, Ginger4256, catiebee, Echo and all the other RB friends. The emotional support, comfort and assistance you've been getting from them has been spot on. I'm glad you've been taking it to heart. I don't have anything to add to what they've been expressing to you.

I can see in your latest post that you are still struggling. I do have a suggestion. It pulled me out of a deep darkness a year ago, and it's helped other RB-ers in a similar place.

Create a Memorial page for Batli on RB. Don't upload a few pictures of Batli and leave it at that. Write Batli's story for us. I want to know how you met, and how you bonded. How was she growing up? Was she a pistol, or a cool customer? How was she with people and other animals? Did she terrorize vets? How did she change as she aged? How was she with kids? And I know this part will be extremely difficult, but I think it's important. Please recount her last days, and where she resides today. (From your posts, I see that both of our kitties were proper cats to the end, both struggling to make it to the litter box to do their business. Cats are amazing, aren't they?)

It took time to finish my cat's bio. It was wrenching for me. Boxes of tissues. But it was cleansing. And now I visit her whenever I want. I still enjoy reading about how how I met my hot mama - and I wrote it! For me, though I'll miss her forever, it's an absolute blessing having this space to reconnect with my dear departed. 

Of course there's no guarantee you'll have the same experience, but I think the odds are with you. If you do the Memorial, please let us know when it's done. It would be an honor to get to know your and Batli's story. 

You have all my best wishes, 
Burt

Quote 0 0
ez
Burt,
A pleasure to meet you and thank you so very much for taking the time to stop by and help me with your kind words. Through your grief you cared enough about Batli and I to share your caring thoughts and wisdom. I desperately need something to hang on to and your response was a lifeline for me. I sincerely hope you are on the healing side of things and every day is a little less painful than the last Thank you again. I will take your advice and when I can finally see thru the tears I will write her story. I can tell you that she is on my nightstand in a beautiful little box where she will remain until someday, if ever, I can put my little girl away. All good things to you always and thank you again
Quote 0 0
ez
Tankie12 wrote:
I’m sorry you’re hurting, this is such a hard road to be forced on us. I used to sleep walk as a kid and I remember waking up in a fog outside alone in the dark not knowing where I was. This brings back so much of that lost and frightened feeling. Just alone and not knowing what to do, like a deer frozen in the headlights.
This group, these hearts that are going through this have become a lifeline. It’s still dark but this time I’m not alone, neither are you,,,,,
Quote 0 0
ez
Tankie 12
Thank you so much for your kindness and caring. Taking the time to comfort me while dealing with the loss of your beautiful fur baby means a great deal to me Thank you again and I hope things are getting better for you every day.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
ez wrote:
Tankie 12
Thank you so much for your kindness and caring. Taking the time to comfort me while dealing with the loss of your beautiful fur baby means a great deal to me Thank you again and I hope things are getting better for you every day.

And the beauty to be found is Bert’s response to you has helped me as well. I’m going to put together Tankie’s story, soon, like you when I can see through the tears. Or, maybe a little at a time with lots of tissue breaks,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
exburt
Jack/Lynn, glad to that you folks are getting by OK.  Not easy, but I know you'll get to where the pain is bearable and the memories will mix joy with the sorrow.  

My last suggestion, and then I'll hush up.  On the Memorial bios, from my experience, don't wait until you can see through the tears. My tears were the river from which the stories flowed, and they made the memories even more vivid. Sometimes a paragraph left me with my face in my arms, crying my eyes out. But it passed, and I was able to move onto the next chapter of her life. 

Again, all the best, and I'll look forward to experiencing Batli's and Tankie's wonderful lives. 
Burt

B Weinstein
Quote 0 0