Forum

Author   Comment  
lrlookadoo

Reply with quote  #1 
Early Monday morning my precious lab Bailey went peacefully in his sleep.  He was such a sweet baby and was my best friend.  On Sunday he went into Congestive Heart Failure, but only had a really difficult time with it for about half an hour.  I wanted to bring him the comfort that he had given me so many times, but he was so independent and wanted to be left alone.  He was able late Sunday night to find a comfortable way to sleep and then left us early the next morning.

My heart is hurting so bad.  I don't know how to handle this grief.  I cannot stand that he cannot be in the house with me and I can no longer stroke his precious head and tell him how much I love him.

Bailey was trained to help the handicapped, but they had to retire him because he was "too friendly".  He loved all people.  Bailey loved to play Frisbee and thought all Frisbees belonged to him.

If anyone can tell me how to handle this horrible pain I would greatly appreciate it.  I miss him so much.
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Irlookadoo,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  We all understand the loneliness and emptiness you feel now.  Please stay with us as you struggle to find yor path to healing.

Bless you for loving Bailey so well,and for giving him such a wonderful life while he was here with you.  He might be gone from you physically, but he will live in spirit and within you forever, snuggled firmly into that part of your heart that was his from the beginning.  As your bruised and battered heart begins to heal, you will feel him there.

Please come back and tell us more about life with Bailey, and all the things that made him such a special guy.  We love reading about each other's Bridge Kids, and getting to know the company our own angels are keeping at the Rainbow Bridge.  I know they welcomed him with open angel wings, and that the little ones are begging him for rides among the heavens.

You and your sweet Angel Bailey are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
dustyangel

Reply with quote  #3 
In a way, the deep pain you feel, and the tears that seem to come out of nowhere, triggered by the simplest of things in your home, are all a tribute to the love you had for Bailey, and the love Bailey had for you.

So many things will remind you of him around your home, as I get the feeling he took part in many of the daily activities in your home.  It is all those little moments that will be missed, that bring the grief and pain so fresh and raw each day. 

In time, your heart will begin to wrap a warm smile on your face, as your remember the funny moments you shared with Bailey, too.  How to handle the grief?  I guess my only advice, is to let it out.  I do believe tears bring healing.  Each tear, is a tribute of the love you had for Bailey.  And I believe in my heart of hearts, that somehow, our tears here shed in grief, mix with the sunshine on their side of the rainbow, and our tears somehow make their rainbow shine that much brighter.  

Think of one of the funniest things Bailey ever did, and I'm sure Bailey will somehow find a way to do that same funny thing at the Rainbow, too...  

Bless you,  
Karen/Dusty..DJ..and Patches mom  

Attached Images
jpeg Patches.jpg (18.75 KB, 2 views)

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~

rustypegzr

Reply with quote  #4 
Having lost my dog Soucha on Monday, I am with you in your sorrow and grief.  Please find,, as I am trying to, solace in knowing that Baily is in a far better place and that you will be with him again one day. My you find comfort in this community of caring people as I have.
powdergirl

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Irlookadoo,

I am so sorry about Bailey. I wish I could bring you words of comfort but since my beloved Powder just crossed the bridge on Monday (maybe with Bailey??) I am feeling the same agony as you. I have never felt pain like this.. but I realize I lost a child and a best friend.

I am glad that you have your faith! I hope I can find mine. For now please know you are in my thoughts as is Bailey and the hopes they are playing together. Though, I am sure, if there is a food supply Powder is guarding it!!
lrlookadoo

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you so much for the kind words.  I hope your pain soon eases, but not the memories. 

I truly believe that they crossed over together.  I had this comfort when I saw what time Powder passed knowing that neither were alone.  Rest assured that if she is guarding the food supply, Bailey is there with her happily eating.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.