keschbach
Today, September 1st, 2016 is my baby Groucho's Birthday.  I just lost my Grouchy this past Sunday.  He was very elderly with many problems, diabetes, blind and deaf.  If took a lot to care for him.  My daily routine to keep him going was very time consuming, but I would do it a million times over if it meant he would still be here with me. 

I woke up on Sunday morning to Groucho having a massive stroke or heart attack.  He was struggling for a wile, my boyfriend was trying to calm him down but he wouldn't relax.  Until I picked him up, and held him tight.  I rubbed his tummy and he took his last breaths and died in my arms.  It was the most awful thing I have ever been through.

It's only been a couple of days and I am devastated and absolutely heart broken.  Sad every day!!!!  I miss him so much.

To my Grouchy:  Happy Birthday my baby, my love, and my heart!!!  You will be with me always and forever!!!  I love you!!!  

Groucho.JPG   
~Krista 
Quote 0 0
camunki
Krista, I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful Groucho, and wishing him a Happy Birthday at the Rainbow Bridge....

I too had an elderly dog, she just missed her 14th birthday (Her name is Munki and she crossed over on 12/3/15)...i still grieve for her to this day, she was my baby....and like you said....very time consuming and i too would do it a million times over. I picked her up about 5 to 7 times a day, cuz she could not see and I wanted to make her life easier, she had to be on 18 different pills per day, divided up to 3 x per day....i miss those days.

I am saddened that Groucho passed on in your arms, but he does remember you and loves you too.

The first few weeks are by far the worst, even going into the months ahead, you will have your ups and downs, loss of sleep, sooooo many meltdowns and down the road you will start to smile for all the memories, but there will always be that missing chunk in your heart that is taken away.

Please keep coming back and posting, this site saved me so much with all the compassionate, caring people who know that we didn't just lose a pet, we lost a family member!

Cam

Quote 0 0
keschbach
Cam,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for wishing my baby Grouch a Happy Birthday.  It is so comforting to know that there are kind people that do care for others and can lend some sympathy during this rough time.

I definitely will continue to post to this site.  I am so happy I found it, and can reach out to people that can help me through this because they know what I am going through.

Thanks again!!!
~Krista 
Quote 0 0
Buddysmama
What a sweet little face! Happy birthday in Heaven to your Groucho... He must be partying with all his new friends....able to see and hear again and to have energy. he must've loved you so very dearly because without seeing or hearing, when you held him he knew he was safe and ever so loved and could go peacefully. He will miss you but at the rainbow bridge I bet time is different than here.
This site has been GOD sent for so many of us. It's been 5 weeks for us since our 14 1/2 year old puppy love Buddy went to Heaven,
Sending hugs and prayers for strength.
Quote 0 0
keschbach
Thank you buddy's mom for wishing my baby a happy birthday and for your kind words. I am sorry for your loss. I am so happy I found this site. I'm hoping it gets better. I know it's going to take some time.

I did find some piece today because when I was driving home from work today I was talking to my little man and wishing him a happy birthday. And as I got home, right infront of my house was a small rainbow in the clouds. I knew he was there. Thank you again!!!!

Cam.......I meant to tell you earlier as well that I am sorry for your loss. Thanks again for your kind words!!!
~Krista 
Quote 0 0
Buddysmama
What a beautiful sign from your Groucho!
Buddy sent us a post card:) we went for our first walk without him several weeks back. Came home in tears. Mailman came. Postcard type advertisement. Dog with Buddy's markings in a meadow, tongue hanging out, running. Happy. And it had an arrow pointing to the dog that said " Me being free". I couldn't believe it. I hung it up. First I hugged it.
It's amazing how much our pups can communicate with us on so many different levels. I guess when I think about it, he could do that when he was here on Earth as well. Such perspective and atune to our feelings.
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I'm so sorry for your loss of Groucho, this brought tears to my eyes... I was caring for Wiz too and I would have done it forever if it would have kept him with me. You were there for him and his spirit is with you. I saw a rainbow too and I guess it was probably Wiz. I have had two dreams of him.. I wish I could have more.. I feel he is with me all the time.  Hugs <3
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
keschbach
Thank you both!!!! I do feel that Groucho is with me all the time. It's crazy the signs they will send us to let us know they are doing ok and are happy. I haven't had a dream of him yet, but I really hope I do soon.

Are babies are up there together and are happy and at peace. And I do believe my grouchy has found two new friends.....Buddy and Wiz!!!! :o)
~Krista 
Quote 0 0