Ashmonster
My best frend of 15 years--my only 'child' is gone. I hurt so bad. It was sudden--I saw him hidding--he was a very social cat. I saw his breathing change, his appetite change all within a week. I brought him in to the vet and in my heart knew my Milhouse was in trouble. I just knew. The vet tech tried to reassure me, but later that day I got the phone call--Milhouse had cancer and it was bad. I made the decision to have him cross the rainbow bridge the next day--before the cancer stole more of him. He was still alive--still my love--and will always be. It hurts so bad--I thought I would never be able to go through with it--I have thought about this day for years knowing I would some day not have Miller in my life. I buried my baby but my pain has gotten so bad. I put on a brave face in public and in front of my family, but as soon as I am by myself I can't stop grieving. I could use prayers. Thank you.
Amk
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Sorry for your loss. ... it hurts so much the first few days....I was sad n numb...pls be extra gracious to yourself...I am praying for you. My Frosty was 2 and died of heart attack 3 weeksago....They are playing together now!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
Thank you so much--I too will be thinking of you.
Amk
Quote 0 0
camunki
many prayers your way Amk.....and yes, cancer sucks, it stole the lives of 2 of my dogs last year, my babies...Munki and Daizy had cancer for years, well the cancer tumor was removed, but kept coming back with Daizy.........so i did get 2 1/2 years of more life with Daizy (after the cancer was discovered)...and with Munki I got 4 1/2 years of extra life, after her tumor was removed.............in the end, the cancer came on strong and within one month.......i had to make that dreaded decision to set my babies free. Unfortuneatly, Daizy crossed on 1/2/15, then 11 months later my other baby Munki crossed that bridge..........i am still grieving to this day. And I am sure Miller (Milhouse) loves all you did for him in his 15 years........and i know the feeling of putting on a brave face, i had to at work and with friends and family......its when i take my other dogs walking in the woods, thats when the tears start flowing, and yes, i am still grieving.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
Cam, thank you for sharing. You have no idea how it helps to know others care and love there pets as much as I do. It was also nice that you mentioned Milhouse by name. I had a tough weekend as my brother got married and there was a lot of celebrating which I held up through but am now so thankful to be home. I wish you peace and strength and know your little loved ones Munki and Daizy will always be watching over you. Again, thank you.
Amk
Quote 0 0
OmarR
Ashmonster,

How are you doing? I hope you are ok and still with us.

Losing your Milhouse....I can honestly say i know EXACTLY how you feel. I am still lost after my Emma 8.5 weeks ago. She was only in my life 5.5 years, but even after one week....Well, you know....I don't have to explain it you. They are family. They are your kid. They are the ones that comfort you and vice-versa.

Very tough times for me, but I hope you are doing better.

Hugs!
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
Thank you so much for checking Omar. You are a blessing to so many...me included. Thank you. I cry every day in private and pain is different than when I have lost people in my life. I think because he was my responsibility and I was always watching him to make sure he was safe and happy, and the unconditional love. He was with me my entire adult life. I have received many signs he is ok and not suffering. I thank God for these things. You and Emma are in my prayers and once more thank you for your kind words.
Amk
Quote 0 0
BodiesDad
Hello,

I just posted about my losing Bodie, just yesterday afternoon.  I wanted to read about others whom recently lost the best furry friends, as I am having an extremely difficult time.
Since it's been a few days, I hope your loss of Milhouse has eased up a bit, and the fond memories and happy moments are starting to replace the pain in your heart.
I sincerely now believe that your Milhouse, and my Bodie, are running around free of pain and just waiting for us to come get them once again.
The decision to take away their pain, and put it onto ourselves is such a courageous and from the heart gift, and while I don't feel the guilt that I thought I would, I really just want him back.
I pray for others on this site, now knowing what it's like to lose a pet that really is more than 'just a pet'...they are family, and Bodie was like a child to us.
I hope that you are staying healthy and being able to remember the best of Milhouse, and you live everyday with strength and fond memories, and your sorrow fades with each passing moment.
Take care,
Brian
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
Brian, thank you for reaching out. I miss my Milhouse so badly too...more than anything I have experienced before. I am sorry you are feeling this pain. I am glad you also had a fur baby that could reach to the center of your heart. Milhouse will always be my little buddy and I am trying to honor him by remember good times. They are family and always will be. I am thinking about you and your Bodie.
Amk
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
Oh I was good for a few hours then I find myself alone and I still hurt and you are always at the forefront of my thoughts little Milhouse. One month has almost passed and I relive every moment leading up to helping you cross the rainbow bridge. Just want you back little buddy. Love you.
Amk
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
I am breathing today. Tears have fallen everyday for you, but I am healing. The signs you and God have sent have helped. I know you are right by me when I ask you to be. I don't think I can go even a few minutes yet without thinking about you. You trained little Spuckler well in the month she had with you. I think her presence made you finally know you could go...you knew I needed you until then. Even though you seemed healthy and happy I believe the constant throwing up and stomach problems went deeper than we all knew. I still feel guilt that I couldn't make you better, but I know I couldn't have loved you more. Spuckler races to the bathroom to get drips from the tub faucet just like you did...she couldn't jump in there yet then, but she does now. She sleeps on the same spot on the bed...right where I always knew you would be. She even played the little tennis ball game. I was hesitant to bring this out for her because it was such a special daily routine for you, but something told me to. She knew just what to do, I can only think you helped her along. I came home to J. playing with her too...Milhouse you and J. had that bond even deeper than I did with you. Not seeing that anymore still stings for both of us. I light the candle in the lantern outside for you. Just so you know I still hold you in my heart. I wrote down all my favorite memories...4 pages double sided. I put them in your box by my bed so if I feel sad or like I can't remember I have all our special times written down. It is tough with the kitten because I wish she was you...she will never fill your shoes, but she is trying and again, I think that is because you are helping her along the way. Milhouse thank you for helping us pick you at the humane society so so many years ago. You knew I needed you to help me through the toughest times of my life. I have my favorite quote for us and will put it on the top of your box by my bed. It is the Chinese proverb about people that are destined to meet are tied together with a red string. It may get jumbled or tangled but it will always lead you to each other. Your red string that you carried EVERYWHERE is why I like this for us. I cut it in half the day you left. Half with me and I buried half with you...that bond will never be broken. I love you little buddy and always will.
Amk
Quote 0 0