Mollygirl
My 15 year old toy poodle, Molly, was laid to rest by Euthanization early this morning. Se was a diabetic and also suffered from a Collapsed Trachea. We went out yesterday for dinner, and came back with her lying against the wall up right evidently she had a low sugar crash.

Her breathing became labored, and she never fully covered from the incident.

This was the hardest and most awful decision I've EVER had to make in my life. My heart is broken and I'm constantly crying and devastated. This pet meant so much to me! I loved her with all my heart.

My heart is broken.........
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am so sorry for you loss.  Those words do not begin to give comfort I know.  Everyone here knows exactly what you are going through so you found the right place to get the comfort you need so badly.

I lost my Molly last Thanksgiving and I am still crying daily for her.  You are on a very difficult road but the people here will help you.  You are NOT alone.  Talk to all of us.  We understand.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
Mollygirl
Thanks so much. My wife and I are so depressed and devastated. My heart feels empty and broken. I did everything I could for Molly, I gave her the best home with lots of love. Our hearts are broken and we can't quit crying. If there's one wish I could have in this world, is to have my Molly back with us.

Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am so sorry for the loss of your Molly. I know how devastating it is. The pain is excruciating. I had to put my dog Sadie down on feb18th due to renal failure. The panic feeling subsides. The pain remains. We are all in different stages of grief on the forum. We will all help you get through this. You are not alone.
Hoping you can find some peace and healing.
Sending hugs
Tammy
Quote 0 0
Mollygirl
Thanks Tammy so much.....

I appreciate your kind words and I'm sorry about your pet Sadie too. You're right that the pain is excruciating. It was the WORST terrible thing that has ever happened to us. We just can't quit crying. We loved that dog SO much. I'm glad she's pain free now.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
mollygirl, I am so sorry to hear of your sweet molly's passing and all of us here recall quite vividly those first few hours to first few weeks.  sometimes it seems that we will never exist outside of this dark fog of grief that surrounds us but it does lift as does that initial overwhelming feeling of despair.  my service dog roxie passed suddenly the night after Christmas at the emergency vet's office and she was only 9.  it is such a blessing to read of other loved companions living to such wonderful ages and loved so fully.  my suggestion is to keep talking to molly since i'm certain her spirit is at home there with you and your wife.  we'll all be reunited one day with our beloved friends and won't that be a grand day!  as for the crying, that may be a part of our new life but I hope it eventually gives ways to only smiles when we remember the memories we've been left with.  many, many hugs to you both
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
ShelbysMomFL
My heart goes out to you and your wife. We all understand here, we are all crying and mourning our beloved fur babies. I wish I could say that the pain will pass but coming here helps ,sharing our stories and reading each other's stories and knowing we are not alone. Many hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
Anntolles
I know your pain it has been 5 wks for one and 1 and a half for the other. I am so heartbroken. I feel worse now than I did at the time. It is so lonely without them but we are not alone there are so many of us going through the same thing. I guess that is what keeps me going
Quote 0 0
Anntolles
This pain seems worse instead of better. I feel like I will never be happy again. When I am at work I'm OK when I'm home I just want to sleep so it doesn't hurt so much. Does anyone else feel like this
Quote 0 0
Lydia54
Tuesdays  6.45 my baby has gone too, 4 weeks today, thank god for rainbow bridge for getting me thru the worst pain of my life. i have buried both my father  and my mother but nothing could have prepared me for this pain, i manage to get thru each day mechanically, but coming home is unbearable, where is my baby! I feel for each and ever one of you, it has taken me this long to post because i can't stop the pain, and crying. i light candles every tuesday 6.45 to guide him back to me. I know he is coming, he will find me.
Lydia
Quote 0 0
maryellen1952
Over the years, I have lost 3 Pekingese due to collapsing trachea so I feel so much for your loss. 
Quote 0 0
Tanya
I can so relate. Lost my baby girl yesterday and the pain is just so overwhelming and paralyzing. I don't even know what to do with myself. For 7 years my baby girl went everywhere with me and the house now seems so empty and cold.
Tanya
Quote 0 0
Mollygirl
It's been over a month now.....and it hasn't got any easier! I still think of her ALL the time. I still feel a lot of guilt. What more could I have done? What didn't I do? Today at work my eyes teered up with sorrow.

I come home from work and the house is quiet. I still have my multipoo, Toby, who I love, but it's just NOT the same.The loss of Molly bothersme MORE than the loss of my Father and Mother.

Molly was my everything. My heart will never heal and it aches everyday.

I hope one day we meet again and cross the Rainbow bridge together.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Mollygirl  Let me add my condolences for the loss of  your Molly.  I lost both of my parents too.  Your right, I didn't feel this terrible about them.  Every post you have read is right.  We are all going through different stages of grief here.  Some old, some new but all terribly painful.

Today is exactly 2 months and 1 day since I lost My Winston.  And it is the first day i received a sign from him.  A bone he loved, suddenly appeared out of nowhere.  I had looked for that bone for weeks!! It is still very new and raw for you and your wife.  Crying and grieving are very, very normal.  I am still crying.  Winston was my LIFE and my CHILD and was treated such.

People thought I was crazy and obsessed with him.  Well, i was! Why wouldn't I or anyone else here be? Our pets leave a horrible hole in our hearts when they depart.  Winston took a HUGE part of me when he left, as I'm sure your Molly did.  You may not believe it now, but the pain does lessen with time.  Our wonderful memories will never fade, but the pain will taper.  Good luck to you and your wife in this time.  Prayers   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I know how difficult it is. We will never forget them. The pain and grief comes and goes in different strengths. I just wrote a post about Mother's Day. There seems to always be something that reminds us of our babies. You did everything you could for Molly. I keep saying we have to try and remember that they are free of pain and disease living life on their own terms.
Wishing us all some peace and healing.
Tammy
Quote 0 0