LilyBeansMommy
My baby is gone.  She died yesterday between 11:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. after 3 days of treatment for pyometra.  Lily Bean saw the vet on Monday and it was determined that she didn't require an emergency spay.  She was draining from the vulva and the vet said that even though having the infection wasn't good, that she was draining was good, take the meds, make sure to let us know if she stops draining (she continued to 'drain' until she died).  Her appetite was already at near zero.  My baby was gone three days later...they say she became septic, that it happens sometimes so quickly even with an open pyometra you just don't know how long she'd been infected...

The hard empty feeling in my stomach remains.  It's hard to eat solid food.  I ate a popsicle last night.  Lily Bean was only 5 years, 5 months and 11 days old...still my baby.  This hurts so bad. I feel like I let her down.  Everyone says 'you did everything you could'...I just wish there was something else I could have done or even could have known to do.  November 2010 when she was only 8 weeks old my life was changed forever.  Just yesterday when she was only 5 years, 5 months, and 11 days old my life was changed forever.  My sweet angel face.IMG_8414.JPG 
Lily Bean's Mommy
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am so sorry about your lily bean. She was beautiful. You did all you could for her. She knows that. It is so hard to loose them. They are our world. I had to put my Sadie down feb 18th because of kidney failure she was 7 and a half years old. I miss her terribly. This is a great forum with many kind compassionate people. Keep talking whenever you need to. I wish you some peace. Sending you hugs.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
What a perfectly BEAUTIFUL baby.  She is gorgeous.  Bet that tongue gave sloppy kisses for sure.  I am so sorry you had to lose her in such an awful way, not that there is a good way I guess.  I couldn't even begin to even write about Molly for 6 weeks----I couldn't stop crying enough to even type. 

Our lives certainly DO change forever when we take on one of these precious babies.  You came to the right place to help you grieve.  Everyone here understands exactly what you are going through and we ALL manage to plant guilt on ourselves, no matter what the circumstances, guess it is just part of the process.  We like to think we can prevent anything bad from EVER happening to them and that is certainly what we all WANT to do.

We all long for just one more kiss on their sweet faces and get a sloppy one that they give so freely.  I am so sorry you are going through this.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
LilyBeansMommy
Thank you so much.  I am extremely grateful for this space.

While Lily Bean's death is so recent, almost nine years ago (this May will be 9) I made one of the hardest decisions in my life and that was to euthanize my then 12 and 13 year old Toy Poodle (intervertebral disc disease) and Golden Retriever (cancer).  Your sharing being present for your Sadie brings back many memories.  I can imagine how much you must miss your Sadie.

Again...I am so grateful for this space.

Lily Bean's Mommy
Quote 0 0
LilyBeansMommy
Beaglemomma wrote:
What a perfectly BEAUTIFUL baby.  She is gorgeous.  Bet that tongue gave sloppy kisses for sure.  I am so sorry you had to lose her in such an awful way, not that there is a good way I guess.  I couldn't even begin to even write about Molly for 6 weeks----I couldn't stop crying enough to even type. 

Our lives certainly DO change forever when we take on one of these precious babies.  You came to the right place to help you grieve.  Everyone here understands exactly what you are going through and we ALL manage to plant guilt on ourselves, no matter what the circumstances, guess it is just part of the process.  We like to think we can prevent anything bad from EVER happening to them and that is certainly what we all WANT to do.

We all long for just one more kiss on their sweet faces and get a sloppy one that they give so freely.  I am so sorry you are going through this.
Capture.JPG 

Thank you, Janice.  One of my nearest memories of Lily Bean is how many sloppy wet kisses I got while giving her a bath just this past Sunday.  ...my tears are always just a quick memory away...trying to still 'function'
Lily Bean's Mommy
Quote 0 0
EM
My condolences. I'm praying. I'm also crying. Your pooch is so beautiful and adorable. God loves His creation and has a divine purpose for animals, so your pooch is in Heavenly glory now for eternity. Read the Bible scriptures that are on this website, they are a great comfort and encouragement.
Quote 0 0
EM
I would also like to mention that I know quite well how you feel due to my own personal experience. It's so difficult not knowing if we could've done more, if only we had more information and time. Now we suffer through the pain that goes along with that, and the effects of it, such as not being able to sleep properly and not being able to eat or concentrate. Feelings of guilt and shame. The list of hardships just go on and on increasing by the day. It's been months for me and it just keeps on getting more difficult. Everything happens for a reason though, so we have to hold on to faith. You certainly care for your pets so take some solace knowing that your pets are aware of that and love you too.
Quote 0 0