Forum

Author   Comment  
molliesmom

Reply with quote  #1 

I just had our sweet little Mollie put to sleep two days ago, she was only sick for two days, so was a real shock.  I dont know how to deal with it, I am crying all the time, it is so hard and I miss her so much,  we are thinking about going away for a few days, will that help, I dont want to go anywhere,    the pain is unbearable.

tikibarb

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, going away can be cathartic since you won't have all of the typical reminders of your lost loved one to look at.  The pain will travel with you though and is an unfortunate by-product of love.  This kind of pain is almost unbearable.  The shear fact that the love we received from our companions is so unconditional that it is irreplaceable by another. Each and every precious animal in our lives brings us a unique joy.  I am so sorry about your precious Molly.  This site is a great comfort to those of us who understand this kind of love and loss.  So many people in life do not get the opportunity to experience it.  I didn't want to leave the house after I lost my previous Ted on 7/7.  I couldn't control my tears and I didn't want to have to talk to anyone.  I did find the strength though and have been getting better.  I think it might have been helpful to go somewhere quiet to just be...  I will ask Ted to look for Molly.  I truly believe that there are at the Bridge playing happily and waiting for the day when we will be reunited for eternity.  I feel your pain and wish there were words to take it away.  There are a couple of poems on Ted's site that may comfort you.  Please visit when you feel up to it.  You will find that you are not alone.
reovi

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm so sorry to hear about your Molly.  We went away about a month after Polar passed and I could still barely keep it together, so I'm not sure getting away will help, for when you return the old memories will still be there.  But maybe that is a good thing-if we didn't care so much, we wouldn't grieve so much, right?  Life for me is still a rollercoaster, almost four months later, on good days I am so thankful to have had him in my life, on bad days I cry and am angry at everyone especially myself.  Long story short, there is no right or wrong way to do anything right now, but don't expect yourself to feel/act/be normal or be even able to hold it together for a while.  We are here for you, and encourage you to come back and share your happy memories when you can.  Wishing you peace right now.
judylinn

Reply with quote  #4 

I know exactly how you feel, I lost maddie 3 days ago.  yellow lab. but she had been sick for awhile.  the grief is soooo bad. I had thought about going away, but when you come back, you will still have the same grief to deal with.  the thing about grief, is you have to let yourself go through it, and it seems that home is a safe environment. and I know nd understand, the pain does feel unbearable. when I hold it in it builds and builds, when I let it out, it's awful, but then comes a tiny bit of coping.  My prayers and love are with you.  Judy

nicokudo

Reply with quote  #5 
Mollie's mom,

I am so sorry to hear about your precious Molly.  All of us here know how difficult that choice was for you. Going  away may help, but it may not.  The first few days are difficult whatever you do.  If you go somewhere, consider something quiet and nature related where there aren't many people and you can cry when you need to.  

Thinking of you, you family and your sweetheart Mollie.

Karen

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.