Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone.
My baby boy is going to rainbow bridge tomorrow at noon. I feel like I can’t even breathe. I’ve never felt this much pain. He is my first baby and I cannot believe he will be gone. I need help on how to cope with this. I can’t imagine life without him.
SCrane

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s going to be rough for a while. You’ll get through it eventually. Don’t rush it, your process is yours, all the emotions you will feel are valid. You’re going to miss your baby forever, but it will get better. This forum has helped me immensely, everyone here understands the pain and heartbreak of losing a furry loved one. Come back here as often as you need. My thoughts are with you, sending you big hugs.
Peach

Reply with quote  #3 
What's his name?
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach
What's his name?

His name is Wilbur :)
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCrane
Hey. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s going to be rough for a while. You’ll get through it eventually. Don’t rush it, your process is yours, all the emotions you will feel are valid. You’re going to miss your baby forever, but it will get better. This forum has helped me immensely, everyone here understands the pain and heartbreak of losing a furry loved one. Come back here as often as you need. My thoughts are with you, sending you big hugs.

Thank you so much. I never knew this kind of heartbreak existed. I’m so glad I found this page. I feel like reading everyone’s stories will help so much.
Peach

Reply with quote  #6 
How old is Wilbur? Letting him go shows your devotion to him. Never forget that. 
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
How old is Wilbur? Letting him go shows your devotion to him. Never forget that. 

Thank you. He is 14. I adopted him 6 years ago. He’s been the best thing that’s ever happened to me. He taught me what unconditional love was. I just hope he knows how much he is loved and how much I’m going to miss him.
Mistysmama

Reply with quote  #8 
Blessings Wilbur. Bless his lovely Soul.

It's the most loving thing to be with him through his whole life right through until the last moment.

Talk to him tonight. Let him know and tell him you will always be there for him when he needs you, even when he has crossed over. And that you know that he loves you beyond "death".
His Soul will hear and understand.

We are all here for you too.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistysmama
Blessings Wilbur. Bless his lovely Soul.

It's the most loving thing to be with him through his whole life right through until the last moment.

Talk to him tonight. Let him know and tell him you will always be there for him when he needs you, even when he has crossed over. And that you know that he loves you beyond "death".
His Soul will hear and understand.

We are all here for you too.

Thank you so much. <3 I pray that his soul will still hear me.
Adv2112

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelmckenna55

Thank you so much. <3 I pray that his soul will still hear me.

I just want to comfort my baby, too. :( i am so sorry you had to make that toughest decision and put your baby to sleep. You will find support here
Peach

Reply with quote  #11 
Thinking of you on this difficult day. I hope you are doing okay... Cliché words I know but Wilbur is at peace now and I'm sure he is thankful to you for making this hard decision. 
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Rachel,  I am so sorry I missed your original post and very sorry about your loss.  I know the grief you are feeling right now and and it feels unbearable.  I was in the same position seven months ago when I too had to make that heart breaking decision to let my baby go so she would no longer be in pain.  I gladly traded her pain for mine and I would do the same for her today.  But I miss and love her still.  Time does help heal, but the edges of your pain are understandably very sharp now.  Give yourself time to mourn and grieve.  You are in a safe space here where everyone understands the depth of your loss.

I will tell you that there is hope, life and love after such a loss.  We have adopted again and now are the proud parents of a 6 month old puppy.  She is not our Daisy, who we lost, but her own little soul and is very special too.  Love can happen again in time.  I hope that gives you some peace of mind.

Wishing you peace.

Reply with quote  #13 
Rachel:
So sorry for your loss! We had to put our girl down on 2/11 suddenly and it hurts like no other pain I’ve felt before. I come here often for comfort and hope you do too. There’s a lot of people on here going thru the same decision, experience and grief. I hope time heals your heart.
-Mari
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Thinking of you on this difficult day. I hope you are doing okay... Cliché words I know but Wilbur is at peace now and I'm sure he is thankful to you for making this hard decision. 

Thank you :) I am thankful that he is no longer in pain.
Rachelmckenna55

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrogers424
Hi Rachel,  I am so sorry I missed your original post and very sorry about your loss.  I know the grief you are feeling right now and and it feels unbearable.  I was in the same position seven months ago when I too had to make that heart breaking decision to let my baby go so she would no longer be in pain.  I gladly traded her pain for mine and I would do the same for her today.  But I miss and love her still.  Time does help heal, but the edges of your pain are understandably very sharp now.  Give yourself time to mourn and grieve.  You are in a safe space here where everyone understands the depth of your loss.

I will tell you that there is hope, life and love after such a loss.  We have adopted again and now are the proud parents of a 6 month old puppy.  She is not our Daisy, who we lost, but her own little soul and is very special too.  Love can happen again in time.  I hope that gives you some peace of mind.

Wishing you peace.

Thank you so much. I’m sorry for your loss. I adopted Wilbur when he was just getting into his senior years. I’m hoping I can feel better someday to adopt another senior pug. They are the best! Good luck with the new puppy! :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.