Angelinasln
I've come to terms that I will not have any more children so to fill that void I brought home a minchi. She became my baby for the past year and a half. We moved into a new home together with my family where we had 16 acres. She was free to roam and never had gone off. I received a phone call 2 nights ago from a gentleman telling me he hit my baby girl. He did everything he could to avoid her but still her life was taken. I can't shake that phone call and image of her laying on the side of the road so lifeless. She was my baby! I took her everwhere with me, she ate dinner at the table with us, and she never left my side.Now, I'm having a hard time being home wihout her. I feel like I let her down and keep asking myself why didn't I call her in 5 mins earlier or if only I could go back. I ask myself continuously, "Why did something loved so much have to be taken?" I hope she knows how much she was loved and I hope she doesn't resent me. I'm completely heart broken!
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  We all know how you feel.  Those feelings of guilt and what ifs are horrible, we all have felt them.  Try to remember the good things you and your baby together and know that she loved you unconditionally.  There is not time frame or manual for grief, it is very individual.  You gave her a good home and she was free and happy.  Take care of yourself.    We all have those Why's...I know I do.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
Thank you for your words of wisdom! I guess time heals all but I just hate feeling this way. My house seems so quiet and lonely without her in it. I wish she never had seen that animal she was chasing.
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
PeanutsMom
Sorry to learn of your loss.  I too am going through the loneliness of an empty house. It was 15 days ago I had to let my baby girl Peanut go, and the guilt and what if's still torment me.  I suppose when we love as deeply as we love our fur babies it is only natural that we think there is always something else that we could have or should have done.  All who come to this site empathize with your pain and loss, we are all experiencing it as well.  You gave your fur baby a good life with the freedom to run and play and a family of her own that loved her.  Keep the memories of the happy times close and try to find some comfort in them.  *Hugs*
Denise 

My sweet Peanut, you are the sunshine of my life and I will love you forever
Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
It feels good to be able to write how I am feeling. Especially to others that have walked this path. I try so hard to get through the day without crying and to be positive but it's a selfish instinct of mine to just want her back. I'd give anything to bring her back. She was only a year and a half old so my time with her feels very cheated. She was so spoiled and loved...it's not a fair world we live in. Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe finding peace with the what if's and how come's is looking at it in a different view like: As my brother said,"You can't cheat fate. What's meant to happen is going to happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it." It's really nice to have others to talk to on here.
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
Katel
I'm sorry you are going through this pain, it truly is awful and I understand, we all do here.
It doesn't matter how long we have had our babies we love and miss them just the same.
It's very early days for you right now but I hope in time you will find peace again.
Blessings,
Kate
Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
Thank you guys for the support. It's very appreciated at this hard time. It seems to be the worst for me at night or when I first get home! I lost my cuddle buddy.
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
Good Morning guys, I guess each day gets a little better but this morning was really hard for me. Every morning me and my baby Rue would take my son to school so it's a very lonely car ride home after dropping him off. It also is so cold this morning and all I can think about is her being in the cold ground and it just tears me apart. I know her body is only a vessel but it still bothers me. I hope some day soon I can come to terms with this! Hope you all have a good day and hugs to those who need it!!
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
Ethel63
Hi sweetheart. I so feel your anguish. My boy Ollie was run over and killed by our neighbour last week. We live in a quiet cul de sac with little traffic, so it is hard to believe it happened.

Please don't feel guilty. There was nothing you could have done to prevent what happened. Cats and dogs are free spirits and love adventures. Your baby had a wonderful life with you and would not want you to be beating yourself up about this. Just refocus your mind and think about her at the bridge being loved and cared for by family and friends who have crossed over.

I have been through the phase you are experiencing but each day you will feel a little stronger and your mind won't focus so much on the accident, but on your baby.

I am sending you healing hugs and comfort xxx
Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
Thank you so much Ethel63!! Today, I find myself focusing on being happier. I keep reassuring myself that she is being cuddled in heaven with my dad and that she would want me to be happy. Sorry to hear about Ollie! Although my fur baby was a dog, she too loved to run and always stayed in the however they are animals and look for adventure. Such as the sad ending to my Rue's life: By chasing an animal and getting hit. I find your words comforting and appreciate it greatly. May you always have happy memories and comfort in your heart!!
Angelinasln
Quote 0 0
Lanachka
So sorry for your loss.  I just lost my baby kitty 2 days ago to cancer & heart failure.  No easy answers but just the fact that you loved your baby and the good Lord decided that He wanted her with Him now.  The angels are caring for your baby now.  We all ask the "what if's" even when our furry babies have illness.  Could I have done more.  Rest assured that the love you gave your baby is a forever love and that can never be lost!  May your broken heart find rest as you remember the wonderful times you had with your baby.    Baby Kitty's mom
Quote 0 0
Ethel63
So glad you feel a little better Hun. Rue sounds lovely and will be running around playing ball with your Dad. It's so hard, but they want us to go on the best that we can x
Quote 0 0
Ethel63
So sad about Kitty. I am sending you lots of love and healing that you will soon find peace in your heart xx
Quote 0 0
Angelinasln
So sorry to hear about your baby Kitty! Thank you guys so much for your kind words. You have really helped cope with my loss! Each day is getting a little easier as last week I felt like that would never be possible. I've been finding things to keep me busy because idle hands make my mind wander. I thank you all and wish you comfort and rest in your hearts as you also have suffered.

Angelinasln
Quote 0 0