DEEPBLUE
Hi guys, just sent Rainbow Bridge to a friend that lost her pup. I lost my girl on Halloween after she had a stroke... or vestibular disease as it is also called. She spent 2 weeks at the vet and then was sent to UC Davis for rehab to walk again. Unfortuately although we and she all thought she was gonna be fine, she started bleeding from her spleen and surgery would not have stopped it ...probably from all of the wide belt handling to help support her. But we will never know. She died chomping on her favorite treat duck jerky! She thought she was fine a nd was not in any pain thank God. Ive had several dogs and a really cool cat in my life but I guess ive never bonded or missed one like I miss her. My faith lets me hope and pray we will all be together at Rainbow Bridge some day cause my ide of Heaven would not be heaven without seein all my babies again. Take care and hang in there.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
The pictures are so sweet, she is a beautiful fur angel. I lost 3 over the last year and a half, I miss them so much. But the little one called Chinadoll, I had never bonded so much with one like I did her. When she passed I began reading books about pet loss and grief and I came across one about your 'Heart Dog'. I had never heard this term before. The book explained  what this bond is like with your heart dog. It is different, it is so deep, so beautiful. I love them all, they each came into my life to help me at a particular time, Chinadoll came to teach me about love, and to make me a better person. She changed me, permanently, for life, for the better. But with this deep bond comes deep grief, and I understand that now. You cannot love like this and not expect the grief to be powerful. I'm in a better place now, but I still cry, still long to touch her, but I also deeply appreciate what she left me with, a better understanding of all God's creatures, a deeper love for all of them. This was her gift, I honor her every day. Blessings to you and your sweet girl.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256

Charlie, I had never heard of a "heart dog" either until I read the book and it described me and my Boo perfectly.  He was my heart and I was his.  We had a bond that existed and not many humans believe possible with an animal.  I will never stop missing my "baby booter", my "ole man boot".  He had lots of nicknames. 😉  When he passed away in my car I was singing to him.  
Deepblue:  you are in the right place here.  People understand the connection.  
Peace to everyone this weekend. 

Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
DEEPBLUE
Thank you Chinadoll..sorry for your loss...i will look into that cause she definitly was my heartdog! I loved em all but not like this. You take care. God Bless you and yours=))
Quote 0 0