Forum

Author   Comment  
Sandysmom

Reply with quote  #1 
I spent the day raking leaves and watching the birds.  After sitting on a garden bench in the cold, I finally got up enough courage to walk back to where my baby girl kitty, Sandy, is buried next to her big brother, Tyler. Side by side.  I leaned against the shed that shelters their graves and just stared off into the woods.

I didn't cry outloud but I could feel the catch in my throat and my eyes started to blur.  Without any effort at all the tears began to flow and I said, "Hello my sweet baby and my good boy. You two stay together till I can hold you in my lap again. I miss brushing you and sleeping with you so much".

I had to leave immediately because I thought I'd just crumple next to the shed and my husband would come home and find me still out there in the dark. 

I don't know how I'll get through the holidays.  I've never had a single Christmas in over 35 years without sharing it with a fur baby.  You all know what I mean about the holidays (no matter what denomination you are) being so hard to get through without them.

I hope it's alright, but I lit my candles just now.  One for my Sandy, who's one of the babies being honored tonight for the first time in the Monday Candelight Ceremony; another candle for my good boy, Tyler and another for my first "born", Mister,  who was my baby before I was married.

Thank you all for being here and for the kind messages that have been sent to me. 
Love to you all and all your babies,
Linda
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #2 
Sandysmom,
I am so sorry for your loss. The saddness that we all share can be consuming. The joys we all share knowing our furbabies at safe at The Rainbow Bridge is comforting. Sandy and Tyler are now angels free from whatever pain they suffered. My Jasmine is with them.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go thru this trying time,

Chery and Angel Jasmine

Attached Images
jpeg 100_1653[1].jpg (295.88 KB, 3 views)

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

tikidikidoo

Reply with quote  #3 

Sandysmom I understand how you are feeling. The sadness envelopes you and you seem to feel and care for nothing else. My other cats and my dog have helped me through my loss of first Marbles, then Cody and now Havana on November 20, as nothing else can. Perhaps if you are not ready to adopt permanately you can investigate fostering for one of your local shelters. This way you will not be without a loving animal soul during this very difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss.

Bob

Reply with quote  #4 
I think I know how you feel. I am sorry for your loss. On August 14 this year our elderly resident feline gentleman, Mr. Ike, died. He adopted us in the spring of 2004. He was my buddy and my wife's "good companion". He gave us unconditional love. I am unable to accept his death. Waves of grief sweep over me at the most unusual times. I have learned on this site that grief is a deeply personal thing which no two people experience the same.
May you find peace in the days and years to come comforted by the certain knowledge you will someday be reunited with those you have lost. That thought makes it possible for me to go on without Mr. Ike by my side. I never thought the loss of a "buddy feline" would be such a heartbreaking event.
God bless!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.