Lunabellelove10

It’s been 6 years since I used this forum to help me grieve with the loss of my fur baby. I’m torn to say that I’m here again because the sweet angel that came into my lie to mend my heart just left me this morning unexpectedly. Her name is Luna, the sweetest girl how would cuddle on my neck every morning after I would say good morning. We would sleep snuggled together for hours. We played ball, like for squirrels together out the window. My heart is breaking, I feel numb.  She was only three years old, but she gave me some of the happiest, purest moments of my life. 

she died unexpectedly. She tied with one of my male dogs (she is fixed) and for some reason she was in excruciating pain afterwards. Took her to the vet got her meds and she seemed fine for a few days. Then again I was at work and the person watching her said they tied again. Someone how the male dog burrowed through a hole and get to her in the back yard. She was in pain again. She was given the pain meds the vet prescribed but she vomited. Hourly later she seemed to calm down and finally got some sleep. Then my mom found her early morning slumped over breathless. It kills me to know that this could have been prevented, it kills me to know that she was in pain and I wasn’t with her. When I got the call at work I wanted it so bad to be a nightmare. I don’t know that I can handle this! I expect her to be in my room, wagging her tail ready for a belly rub. I expect her to come running in through the doggy door with a ball. I just can’t take the pain anymore its unbearable 

Ag
Quote 1 0
MichaelBecker
I could've given you lots of words to try to reassure you, but I lost my fur baby recently too. I can say that you're not alone in your pain. This feeling is incomprehensible. I now live in a completely different world, and I imagine you too. Dark and sad world. But we are not alone. We are getting through this together.

I would never imagine an online conversation may help, but it does bit by bit. Stay safe
Quote 1 0
MelZip
I wish you healing, and I wish it for me, too, and all on this forum. I hope all our babies are running free at the Rainbow Bridge. If you are here and seeking help to get through this loss, then you did right by your pup. You did what you could.
Melissa Little
Quote 0 0
Lunabellelove10

Thank you so much! I also wish everyone in here healing! I can’t contain my tears as I write this. There are ok bearable moments and there are moments like this when I just want to ball up and cry. Just looking at her videos and pictures is too much to handle right now! I feel for everyone that is going through what I’m going through. I wish we would never have to feel so much loss and pain. I wish our fur babies could stay by our side forever. 

my baby was The greatest gift ... she came to in a moment in my life where I was battling depression. She brought so much happiness to my life that I will be forever grateful for. Now I feel like I can’t get through this without her by my side. 

Ag
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Luna.
My heart breaks for you..Looking at videos & pictures of our fur babies can sometimes be unbearable. I lost my beautiful Chihuahua 'Daisy' 8 months ago & still break down & loose it when I come across a photo or video of her, but then there will be days of 'calm' when I feel able to look at them & smile & Yesterday, as I was  remembering her being weak during her final days a thought sweeped my mind - "she is at peace & is not feeling unwell or suffering in any way now & It brought a sense of calm & stillness.. She lit up my life & now I feel completely lost without her as we lived alone for most of her life. One day you will be able to look at pictures of Luna & smile &  you have beautiful memories of her - playing ball, looking at squirrels & sleeping together & you could maybe put these wonderful & posititive things in a scrapbook dedicated to her... I have a scrapbook with pictures, notes & information about my Daisy. I am still filling it in & when I write down  funny little antics & memories of her I sometimes giggle or smile & then think to myself how lucky I was to have had her in my life...Keeping their memory alive is so beautiful..I hope you keep posting and share stories of Luna, I would love to hear them. We are all here for you

Sending you comfort & hugs.

Daisy's mum
Angelina
Quote 0 0
LaGata
I'm so saddened by your loss.....my baby left me 2 months ago today.  There hasn't been a day since that I don't miss her.  I've found that there are no words that comfort.  But knowing that all the people here understand your pain and feel it themselves, makes this journey a bit more bearable

LaGata's mom
Quote 0 0
Lunabellelove10

@chilover 
@LaGata

Thank you for your words. I know I’m in for the long run with this feeling of sadness. Everyone here has been so helpful and kind. The memories of my baby girl will live forever in my heart. I have been through many heartbreaks in life but this one this one is deep. 

One of my favorite memories of her is when I would come home from work I would give all of my pups a treat. The rest of the dogs would gladly take it and run away with it, but not Luna ... she knew she was the diva of the house she would look at me and then room to our room because she knew we always had our snacks together in bed. It never failed 
I wish I could go back in time and relive those moments. 

Ag
Quote 1 0