Deederbestboy
The joy of my life left me last Thursday. He was a little cat named Deeder and he was my best friend. He had bladder cancer, but he died from kidney failure, and heart failure. We did not know he had heart issues. Yes, he was a senior 18 years but he still had plenty of life left in him. We fought the cancer every way we could with surgery, chemo, and Chinese herbs. My heart is broken. I held him in my hands as a kitten. 
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Jeanne.

My heart goes out to you...what a wonderful boy and how lucky he was to have you.

Thinking of you.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Deederbestboy
Thank you. His illness was a long journey. He had what appeared to be a simple bladder infection in October 2019. Treated it with antibiotics but would not go away. Later after an ultrasound, we discovered it was transitional cell carcinoma. My surgeon removed the tumor and 1/2 of bladder. Deeder had no issues at all with his surgery. In four months it grew back again and next we tried chemo, Vinblastin but didn’t work. Again he had no problems with the chemo. We next were trying an anti cancer drug which is technically chemo called Palladia which cuts off oxygen to the tumor. I was excited about this new drug for him. His kidneys weren’t great from age but they were doing the job. However, soon after starting the Palladia his kidneys got much worse. I don’t think it was from the Palladia. He was only on it about a week and 1/2. We stopped it and began to treat his kidneys with fluids to flush out toxins. I then took him to UPenn to get evaluated and to continue fluid treatment. At the university of Pennsylvania they discovered he had an enlarged heart which we never knew. The fluid therapy sent him into heart failure. Catch 22, you can’t treat heart without hurting kidneys and can’t treat kidneys without damaging the heart. There were no options for him as he needed fluid to stay hydrated and he could not have them. Deeder was also diabetic but that was going good. He was in remission before the cancer came. I made the decision to put him to sleep. One of the hardest things I ever did. He was my soul cat. My best buddy. Slept with me every night. My heart aches so bad. I know we will be together again but his absence is hard to deal with. He always looked for me, was so happy to see me, waited at the door, and would come find me if I was watching a movie to sit on my lap. He had a meow that really sounded like he was saying ‘’ Mom.’’ I have other cats, a dog, and a rabbit. Trying to concentrate on them and regroup. I am exhausted physically and mentally from all this. 
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I have a house Rabbit and he was distraught when our Monty our sweet cat left us...he just sat in the corner of his home and though did eat and drink...did nothing else...they were soul mates..

Grieving does make you exhausted...I did not even want to get up in the mornings and I did not want to eat.

It has been over five weeks since Monty left us...I still cry every day but am now remembering the good funny and loving times we had with him.

Take care of yourself.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Deederbestboy
You feel like part of you is missing and it is. The one comfort I get is knowing that he is no longer in discomfort. Im trying to take care of myself because I have other pets to care for. I’m so sorry about your loss as well, Ellen. I know you miss Monty like I miss my baby. I put Deeder’s food bowl and water bowl away yesterday but left his bedding and his toys on the bed we shared. That will come later. He was just a really great cat. 
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
The first couple of days he left us it like I was not in my body it felt like I was somewhere else...I have a couple of drawers of his things that I go to and hug and kiss...even now it is hard to take in that his is not here with me...I still forget and leave doors open for him in the house so he could go into what room he liked.

They are part of you...Monty was a main part of my life and my daughters we loved him very much.

Do things at your own pace...in time the pain will lessen...but you will never forget him and he will always be in your heart.

Ellen x

Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Tams
Wow  :(     I am so sorry for your loss.. Tater is/was  :(( my Chocolate Labradork, my comedy dog, my first baby of all the furkids i have had. In 3 months he would have had his 14th birthday. He had to go :((   we saw each other for the last time on Tuesday, 7/7/2020 .  I am not ready. I am crushed.. it has been about 11 years since i lost my last fur baby. I do not remember my life without Tater :(((    roseblue1,     i understand your pain.
my deepest sympathy to you,
Tams
Tamara Fox
Quote 0 0
Deederbestboy
I’m so sorry for your loss of Tater. My sympathy to you as well. It’s so very hard. Deeder just turned 18. My sweet, old man! 
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0