Bronwyn
Last night I had to put down the sweetest little soul. I rescued Poe two years ago and within a few months his health began to decline. I took him to the vet and they did a full top mouth tooth extraction. He thrived after this. Over this weekend, his health once again took a turn for the worse. I brought him to the vet, where they diagnosed him with kidney disease and mouth ulcers. My baby Poe had been suffering and was in an immense amount of pain. Letting him go was the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life. I miss him with ever fiber in my being and every breath that I take. I miss and love him and I don’t know how this pain will ever begin to dissipate. 
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Bronwyn:

My condolences on the loss of your beloved Poe. Please take consolation in the fact that you are not alone. Everyone on this Forum knows exactly what you are going through. I know all too well that the pain can be unbearable. Reach out on this Forum. There are many wonderful, compassionate, pet-loving people who will be able to help comfort you. You are not alone.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
Dear Bronwyn, I truly know and understand what you’re feeling. And I’m so sorry for your loss of your sweet Poe. It’s such a helpless feeling when you do everything you can, you love them so much, but fate comes in with other plans. Know that everything you’re feeling is normal. I tell myself (and have said in other posts on this forum) to be strong and take care of myself... that my baby boy never liked to see me sad or suffering, and wouldn’t like it now either. It’s very hard to do, but it helps to look at it this way. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
Bronwyn
To Jim and Cindy, 

thank you for the kind words that you have sent my way. These past two days have been the hardest I have endured in a long time. But I just teared up when I read your messages. I came to this forum during an emotional meltdown looking for comfort and validation in my feelings. I received that and so much more. I will continue to use this forum for support during this Grieving process. Again, I thank you will all of my hear for those kind words. Now, I would like to share a photo DB600947-5B8B-45D3-B90B-17F0E45A75D6.jpeg  of my sweet Poe Poe. 
Quote 0 0