Justin
I've been devastated with the lost of my 2 year old yellow lab. Below is my e-mail I sent to my friends and family. It has been very tough to know my baby boy got hurt to the point that he died. He was such a living body and to be in the emergency room trying to revive him with blood coming out of his nose and mouth and him looking at me motionless is something I can't get it out of my head. He was my best friend. Does anyone have any comfort for me?

Hi Friends and Family,

For some of you I have probably been more of a stranger the past year than anything else. I feel weird even sending an e-mail to all of you, but my internals wanted it so. For the past year and half, I’ve been blessed with raising an absolutely crazy little dog, Ray which spawned us to get a second dog, Leo, to help her get along and make her happy. Well it turns out he did that and tons more changing my life forever. For the few you that met Leo, you know what I mean. He was all about the closest person that would give him love and he would return the favor ten fold. If you’ve never had a dog you might think all dogs are like this, but I came to learn he had some extra charm in him. He turned into the glue that held our chaos in a tight wet ball. On Monday morning, Leo decided to run into our street and got hit by car. Susie was my hero and got him into her car and off to the hospital. He ended up dying next to her in the car where upon I met them at the hospital where we tried everything to bring him back. It was one of the most difficult 15 minutes of my life. We are crushed with his loss and things are so very different now.

For me, please keep your loves ones extra close tonight and beyond.
Justin 
Quote 0 0
reovi
Oh, Justin, I am so sorry!!  We all seem to have the worst visuals going through our head, but as for myself I am trying to focus on the loads of love my best boy gave me.  Furthermore, Leo KNEW you loved him and did everything for him.  You said he gave 10x the love he received, therefore I don't think he would want you to feel bad-that's kind of the opposite of how he tried to make you feel, right?
You are going to grieve and cry, and it may take a long while before you feel better, but if you are going to see those bad images, maybe try to pepper in some good images when you are feeling stronger-eventually maybe the good will squeeze out the bad...but don't put undo stress on yourself to feel better right away, grieving mean we really cared.
Just know that Leo is having a blast with my Polar across the bridge, and this separation is only temporary, you will see your baby boy again!  Believe that!
Quote 0 0
southclarkson
I am so sorry for your loss!  He sounds like he was a true blessing in your life & I am sorry he had such a traumatic death.  I hope you can find peace soon. 
Quote 0 0
Justin
Thank you Southclarkson & Reovi,

Your thoughts are kind and I will take them to heart. I'm trying to think less about it, but the notion that my Loe got hurt and was in pain to the extent that he couldn't hold on is very tough to take.

Justin
Quote 0 0
River
I am so sorry for the pain and anguish you are suffering. Leo's story sounds very much like my little River's. We brought River home since our other lab seemed like something was missing in his life. River was the answer and we all loved him so much. River was 18 months old when he was hit by a car while on an outing with my daughter and Shadow. He too died on the way to the emergency animal hospital. I know how devastated you must be. I wish there was something I could say that could ease your pain. At this time though, I am sure that your grief is overwhelming and you must still be in shock. It will take some time. I carried a picture of him everywhere with me for weeks. I wrote about him every day and still do frequently. It's my way of spending time with him. It will be 5 months for me on the 28th and I still have not and wil not clean the smudge of blood from the back of our van. As you may have noticed too, mornings and nights are the most difficult. In those first days and weeks, I just allowed myself to roll with it. Actually felt quite powerless to do anything else. Know that you are not alone and that your broken hearts will eventually heal in time.
Quote 0 0