Nan122
Hi,

We had to put our 4 year old boy to sleep on July 13th. Bear about two weeks ago started coughing and throwing up blood. We rushed him to the vets were they did blood test. Once results were in we found out he has IMT (Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia). Bear had 0 platelets and was also anemic he had blood in his BMs, loss of appetite and weak. The vet prescribed him antibiotics, stomach pills and a high dose of prednisone to bring the platelets and red blood cells up. We had to retest every 48 hours. His platelets went up to 9 but normal was 500 and his red blood cells kept dropping. We tried for two weeks but he was losing weight and getting weaker and weaker. We couldn’t stand to see him this way anymore and decided the best thing for him was to go. Before he went we let him sleep with us, hugged him and told him how much we loved him. That morning we brought him for a short walk, brought him for a long ride in the truck (he loved his truck rides) and he chewed on his favourite ball. He passed away July 13th at 9:14am. My heart broke in a million pieces and I cry myself to sleep every night. I tell myself “why him” he would of been 5 July 30th. I’m so upset and sad ...he was so young he could of lived another 7 years. He leaves behind his big sister Sally who often stares out the window waitin to come home ( crying as I’m typing all this) she misses him so much and so do we. I’m so upset I don’t want to talk to anyone, pushing my friends away and I don’t even want to come home after work that’s were the loneliness is. It’s all fresh but I need help to cope with this. I hope someone out there can help.

I miss my baby boy I wish I can go back and spend one last night with him 😭

Thanks Nancy
Quote 0 0
curcumas
Bear looks like a sweet boy. I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard enough on us, but watching our other pets mourn is also very difficult. My cat went into a depression after we lost our old girl. She would look for her and it tore me up. The best thing we did was comfort each other. She wore many of my tears. Sally is lucky she has you to comfort her and vice verse. It’s going to be hard for a while. It feels like it will never get better, but eventually we learn to cope with it. For a few weeks after losing my girl I was useless. You have to give yourself time to mourn. If you don’t want to talk to anyone for a bit that is ok. You can let your friends know you need some time. I didn’t want to talk to anyone, but eventually I did and it was nice to have the support when I needed it. Hugs
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
nan122,

My heart breaks for you 💔 I’m so deeply sorry for the loss of your baby boy. I lost my baby boy Teddy on May 6,2018 to CHF he passed away on his own but I wasn’t expecting it, I never thought that Saturday night at 11:30pm would be the last time I looked into his sweet brown eyes. It’s been over 2 months and my heart shatters everyday I wake up without him. Everything I mean every single thing and place is a reminder of Teddy. It’s so hard And I’m so sorry you are enduring this painful heartbreak and nightmare of losing your baby boy. There are no words to I can say to take away the pain. It’s heartbreaking everyday still feels like the first day I lost Teddy. Writing here sharing your emotions, grief, feelings, thoughts, expressing it helps, we all understand, and there are so many beautiful sweethearts on this forum, wrote about your boy, share stories, memeories and photos, it helps, it may not take away the pain, but it truly does help, Just know your baby is with you in spirit, watching over you, I pray he gives you a sign that he is with you still. Sending you warm hugs and comfort. My heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers 💛
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Nan122
Thank you curcumas and Jenny teddy for your kind words and reply. So sorry to hear of the loss of you beloved pets. You are all in my thoughts. Thank you 💕
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
💛🐾💕
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
exit30
I am so sad for your loss Nan, 5 is way too soon to lose them, we lost our Tuffy at 5 as well, he collapsed for no reason. That was the day my world stopped spinning. Losing them at a ripe old age is hard enough, but when they are young, it is beyond devastating. Please give yourself plenty of time to mourn, be angry, and cry as much as you want. My pain for Tuffy lingers, but it has found a place, but it does resurface on a regular basis. 
Quote 0 0
EevaTeddy
Nan122 wrote:
Hi,

We had to put our 4 year old boy to sleep on July 13th. Bear about two weeks ago started coughing and throwing up blood. We rushed him to the vets were they did blood test. Once results were in we found out he has IMT (Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia). Bear had 0 platelets and was also anemic he had blood in his BMs, loss of appetite and weak. The vet prescribed him antibiotics, stomach pills and a high dose of prednisone to bring the platelets and red blood cells up. We had to retest every 48 hours. His platelets went up to 9 but normal was 500 and his red blood cells kept dropping. We tried for two weeks but he was losing weight and getting weaker and weaker. We couldn’t stand to see him this way anymore and decided the best thing for him was to go. Before he went we let him sleep with us, hugged him and told him how much we loved him. That morning we brought him for a short walk, brought him for a long ride in the truck (he loved his truck rides) and he chewed on his favourite ball. He passed away July 13th at 9:14am. My heart broke in a million pieces and I cry myself to sleep every night. I tell myself “why him” he would of been 5 July 30th. I’m so upset and sad ...he was so young he could of lived another 7 years. He leaves behind his big sister Sally who often stares out the window waitin to come home ( crying as I’m typing all this) she misses him so much and so do we. I’m so upset I don’t want to talk to anyone, pushing my friends away and I don’t even want to come home after work that’s were the loneliness is. It’s all fresh but I need help to cope with this. I hope someone out there can help.

I miss my baby boy I wish I can go back and spend one last night with him 😭

Thanks Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I am SO sorry for your loss. Although my circumstances with my Teddy were different - he was also really young. It was unexpected and sudden. We tried everything we could and had to make the same awful decision. 

My heart goes out to you. Losing a young one feels so cruel and unfair. They had so much life to live and you lose the dream of all the things and experiences you wanted with them. 

It's been a month since I had to said goodbye to Teddy. I won't say it gets easier. I have daily breakdowns and it's hard when others start wanting you to return to normal and it feels like your life has stopped and been altered. 

I hope that you journal either here with updates or in a journal at home. I found it especially helpful to write on here whenever I needed to. Now it's almost daily. Just my thoughts and how I am doing and how Teddy's sister Eeva is doing. She also everyday looks for him and howls. It's the worst seeing her loss and her not knowing what happened to him. I'm convinced she thinks he is lost outside somewhere. 

I hope you help your Sally heal by distracting her and playing with her. I haven't been able to remove Teddy's food bowl or bedding. I read somewhere that the smell eventually leaves and that it may be harder for the companion animal such as my Eeva to have their stuff removed. But I don't really know whats best to be honest it's just what I have decided to do. At some point soon I will have to take his beds away.

I am thinking of you and sending healing to you. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Bear was so lucky to have you. 

Sincerely, Emily (Teddy and Eeva's mom)

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 4.56.20 PM.png  Teddy on bed his eyes.jpg  Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 4.55.46 PM.png 
i see you in my dream my sweet little boy
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
The longing to have just 1 more day, night, hour, minute is unbearable. I am so sorry any of us have to go through this. Posting here helps tons and everyone is so understanding and supportive. Please understand that you are not alone. I lost my little Bailey on July 13 also and I wish I could tell you I feel better today than I did that day, but to be honest I don't. For some reason today has been really rough. I'm crying as I type this.

Cry all you want and do not let anyone tell you that your pain is not real. For me the pain of losing my babies is the worst I have ever experienced in my 52 years. Absolutely unbearable. Some days are ok and I can think about my babies and smile, other days are bad, like today.

I am thinking of you and please know that your baby was so lucky to have had you.

Quote 0 0