Snickersmom21
I recently lost my baby on 7/11/2019.His name was Snickers he was a 7 year old Pit Bull/Shar-Pei mix dog.I had him since he was just a puppy.We were out on a walk as he loved to go for walks and we were having a great time.

Snickers and I were gone for about an hour and then we started to make our way home.We were nearing our street when this truck that was being driven at a really high rate of speed lost control and hit both me and my dog.

My dog and I did try to run when we saw the truck coming but we didn't get out the way in time.The truck hit into a house and the people in the vehicle immediately jumped out and took off running,they didn't even care that they had hit me and my dog.

I was laying on the ground and I looked at Snickers who was laying on his side a few feet away from me,he was crying and I tried to crawl to him but I couldn't move to get to him.He cried a few more times and then he died.I had to watch my dog die. I was crying hysterically...my baby died right in front of me. :'(

There were some people who saw the accident who rushed over to help,they called the police and ambulance and I was rushed to the hospital,I didn't have any broken bones but I am badly bruised in the hip area which was where I took most of the impact from the truck when it hit us.

I'm totally heartbroken and I don't know what to do.I can't eat or sleep,I cry all the time because I miss him so much.I have always had depression but it has gotten worse since his death. I always think if I hadn't taken the route home that I took then the accident never would've happened and I would still have my baby. I feel like it's my fault because I took that horrible route,I feel like I walked him to his death. :'(

I'm so sorry this is so long but I had to get this out and I didn't know what else to do.

Quote 0 0
CK1991
My heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine how horrible it was to be hit by a truck and then have to watch your dog die. Just so awful!
It’s important to remind yourself that Snickers had a great life with you. He died while you were out together walking and having fun. It was a tragic end to his life but it sounds like he went quickly. I hope the people who were responsible were caught. To be driving at such a high speed, to lose control, hit a person and her dog and then run away ... they were careless cowards. Its not your fault that Snickers died. It’s theirs!
We always question everything we did when something like this happens. If you hadn’t gone for a walk or if you hadn’t taken that way home .. so many possibilities but there was no way you could had expected anything like this to happen. Unfortunately anything can happen at any time but this was truly unnecessary and I hope the people who hit you and took your beautiful Snickers away are held responsible. I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you are healing and please do come back and let us know how you’re coping with everything. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
TyTy
I'm so sorry for your lost. Yes, the people that hit you are the lowest form of life...cowards at best. To watch your pet perish must be heart wrenching to say the least but at least Snickers didn't suffer too long. My heart and prayers go out to you. I'm sure Snickers wants the best for you so go ahead and morn but you mustn't stay stuck in your ways. It may be best so seek professional advise as this was very traumatic for you. Good luck Snickers mom. Mike
Mike
Quote 0 0
Clwboy64
What a difficult story..I am so sorry for your loss. It is tough to accept right now but the people who have already posted are right-despite the tragic end, Snickers was lucky to have a wonderful life with you. You are obviously in no way to blame for what happened here. Please cherish fond memories of your beautiful baby and your wonderful life together.
Chris Walker
Quote 0 0
LR_EJ
Snickersmom, you are so brave. You were hit by a truck! I mean, a truck! and you are here sharing with us about snickers. That's how big is our love for our pets. 

We lost our baby yesterday, he stole and ate a bone, he got this obstruction that unchained everything until he was gone in the hospital 60 hours later. Do you know how many decisions could have avoided the terrible outcome? We changed of plans on the last minute and decided to go to my mom's place, while at it we decided on the last minute to spend the night, nothing was planned but if we just had stuck to the plans, Choco would be here with me, in my bed, fighting for my attention... not letting me type, he hated me at the keyboard.

Snickersmom, NOTHING could have been different, you didn't take the horrible route, you took the ONLY route. As I tell my wife, our brains just start to think in the "what if" when something bad happens but we don't think of it with all the good happening. It's impossible to know how many times Snickers and you avoided a horrible route, avoided a horrible outcome, maybe a thousand times, maybe more. Accepting that there was only one outcome is so hard, I know, it feels unfair... it sucks... but it's life.

You survived and you are well... I bet snickers is happy about that. Mourn, cry, but don't let depression win. 
Quote 0 0