peacock
Yesterday after midnight, our sweet baby boy parakeet Hermes passed away. Hermes was blue with a long tail and a light yellow face. We had him for 12 years and he was so special. Hermes learned to speak when he was a year old and he learned phrases in Greek and English. He knew how to blow kisses, laugh, and cough. He would sit on your finger and "shake hands" with you. Hermes was super smart and you could tell just by looking into his precious little eyes. It's hard to believe that he's gone, I'm in such denial because I can't remember a life without my baby boy in it.

As he got older he had arthritis in both his feet and we had to remove his perches from his cage and get him flat ones so that he wouldn't fall. He was always proud and quick and wouldn't let anyone touch his tail or wings. He'd sit on my shoulder on multiple occasions and rub his beak on my nose or cheek. I can still feel his little feet on my shoulder and his feathers flapping in my face.

We had so many good years with him and he was a happy bird who loved bananas, mozzarella cheese, grapes, sweet potato and the cheesy puffs from Trader Joe's. I will miss Hermes and I will never forget him. I know that he will be waiting for me when it's time for me to come home and his little feet won't be arthritic anymore and he'll be talking like he always used to. I love you ever so much Hermes. There aren't enough words to explain what he will always mean to me. It was a privilege to have him in my life for 12 years.
Quote 0 0
Jessa
I'm so sorry for your loss.. As you know my Charlie left for the rainbow bridge on Wednesday. I feel a huge emptiness in my heart and the tears won't stop.
Quote 0 0
peacock
I completely understand how you feel. I am still in denial because he has been a part of my life for so long. It feels like a nightmare that I keep hoping to wake up from
Quote 0 0