Bnmadsen
I lost me beloved Chihuahua on 11/17/2019 Sunday. His name was Baby. He became sick and within a day he deteriorated so much that we had to take him to the vet for euthanasia. I can’t stop feeling this tremendous amount of guilt . Could he have been saved? Did I not give him a chance? He was my dog and I knew him and my heart broke for the amount of pain he seemed to be in, but I still feel like I let him down. I keep wondering if he knew I loved him and was there holding him. He has always been by my side through some very dark times. I hope he knew I never left his side not even for a moment. I miss him tremendously and keep hearing him. My heart is broken. He was truly my friend and companion and I just can’t imagine life without him. I love you Baby.
Quote 0 0
chilover
Sending you my sincere condolences.

It is so painful when we loose our fur babies. If you have read any of the posts on here you will see that guilt is such a common part of grief, I felt it too. It is very clear from your post how much you loved your baby & you have nothing to feel guilty for. It can be a very daunting & confusing time for us pet owners when our pets become sick, and we do our upmost best to take care of them, it's frustrating because they cant tell us so we always question our decision
afterwards. Your baby definitely would have known that you were with him, he would have felt you & smelt you..You loved him and clearly gave him a wonderful life and he loved you for giving him all of that love. I had a Chihuahua too and I am pining for her so much. She was 15 and had kidney failure and arthritis. She.was showing signs of dementia too.

This forum has been such a godsend to me and others, and it is a wonderful place to come for support as everyone on it understands. They will support you so please post as it.will help you.

You are in my thoughts

Angelina
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Bnmadsen, bless your little Baby. What a lovely little dog. I am so sorry for your loss.
If your Baby was in that much pain, then it must have been terminal for the vet to suggest euthanasia. Normally, they would suggest treatments unless there was no hope of a treatment working, or it would have put terrible extra strain on him.
I feel you did the kindest thing. Now Baby is released from  a painful body, but it is you who have to now bear the pain.
My kindest thoughts to you. What a sweet little doggy.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Sorry for your loss of Baby I would have not ever known how many people go through such heart ache hadn't I felt the Traumatizing affect from my own dog.I was so lost I just didn't know where to turn.Im greatfull to be able to visit on here to speak about it.Hugs
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Hello how are you doing? I know it's very traumatizing the pain is horrific. It will be 1 month for me on the 26th it seems so raw still.Im sure Baby ment the world to you to.So many of us are dealing with the sorrow of losing our loving companion it sure does suck for sure.Sending hugs to you & all that are enduring the pain of loss.
Liz
Quote 0 0
Allie59
I'm so sorry for your loss....sometimes there just aren't words of comfort..I'm just so sorry..😘
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Hello I know how you feel one never gets over the grief we only go through it we have to adjust to a new routine s & patterns in life.We have devoted much time & energy to our pets now we must find a new way to live without them.My female Cherokee which was Apachee's mate searches for him every day.The fear of that day to say goodbye to her haunts me.If your on this site we are not alone for sure some of the posts I read are heart breaking..I to got my boys ashes back,I put a real nice picture of him on it along with his 2 front paw prints his birth date & the day of his passing.Holidays are coming,the snow which we loved to play in,so I'm gonna try to focus more on the good memories to get thorough this I 've watched some videos of him so I can remember what he was like before cancer took him from me. Stay strong God Bless hugs to you.
Liz
Quote 0 0