Boochu
I honestly don’t know what to do with all the pain. My baby Boo passed away and it’ll be three weeks on Monday March 12th. He was/is my soul cat. He slept on my chest when I went to bed, cuddled with me whenever I sat anywhere and he knew when I was about to have an anxiety attack and was always there.

It feels like a part of me was ripped away. He was 16 years old. A rescue who was very close to being put to sleep just because he’d been at the shelter over a year. I adopted him as soon as I found out. We’ve been impossible to separate ever since.

He was fine the day before. Struggling with some arthritis but other than that cuddling and playing the same as any other day. And then it was like he just quit. He could barely lift his head or open his eyes. I laid on the couch for almost 15 hours with him on my chest just trying to keep him comfortable. That night it was like his body was giving up. He had muscle spasms, bladder control loss and kept trying to stand just to fall back down. The vet says his body was just giving up and it was his time.

And I had to make the hardest decision of my life. And now there’s just to much pain to handle. I miss my baby boy.
Quote 0 0
peachesdad
It's been almost eight weeks since the love of my life Peaches passed away in my arms. The sight of her chest rising and falling for the last time is burned in my mind. Last week I met a friend who ask how my baby was doing and I had to explain she was gone and what happened. It was the first time I could talk about it without breaking down. Time will ease our pain but the memories we have of our loved ones will never go away. I know I WILL see her again, that's what keeps me going. Celebrate Boos life,know he's not suffering anymore and playing with my Peaches in a wonderful place. We will see them again.
tim
Quote 0 0
Boochu
It’s true. I’m very glad he’s no longer suffering. Right now I just miss him so much it’s difficult to think about anything else.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m very sorry about your loss as well.
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
I’m so sorry for your loss! I lost my soul cat (love that phrase) yesterday. The pain is horrible. But, they are no longer suffering.
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Am so so sorry for your loss of your baby boo . I understand your pain and I also suffer anxiety. Theyr the best things ever to come into our lifes and show us love no other can . My baby gizmo is away 7 month all I can say is Av never felt pain like that in my life . I have his pictures all over my house , I still go into shock he isnt here , I had a love for him & my baby girl candy that's still here that I have never felt before. Plz know your not alone here , this is a great site with beautiful understanding people that know your pain .
Sending hugs x Annemarie & candy & gizmo
Quote 0 0
catiebee
The pain is awful and it is soooo hard to try to get over them not being here and not having them to cuddle. I understand the pain and suffering very well and am still in the throes of it, too.  I am very sorry for your loss and hope things start to get easier. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Boo was a great-looking boy, Christy, and I can tell by that photo of you together, you brought each a lot of Joy. Hoping he'll meet with my Bertie and some of the other kitties who've gone recently. I hope, too, they know how much we loved them and wish they were still here with us. We just don't get to keep them as long as would be fair, as far as I am concerned; I wish they could stay forever.

It does get better, I think. Today I made it until just now with shedding a tear, but that is still progress.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0