Emtteach34
My 16 year old dachshund Dixie crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. Had her from four weeks old. Laid on my chest her first night home and was daddy's little girl ever since. I'll miss her so much. Just heartbroken. My first time ever having to make that decision and I know it was the right one. She was bleeding internally. Happened suddenly. Doc says probable cancer. She lived a long and wonderful life and only experienced the problem for roughly 18 hours. Once we knew and then found out she was not responding, we gave her the final gift of peace. She was really my best friend. Her little brother (a 1.5 year old Bassidor) is also missing her and of course, taking care of mom and dad. Like they say, she just looked at me as if to say "daddy, it's ok, let me go. We both will be fine." Have fun baby. I'll see you when I get there. My heart breaks for all of you too. Here is to the peaceful rest of the best animals, each of our sons and daughters and may we be reunited in time-
Robert
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Everything said at times like this sounds so trite, but on this site you can be certain that it is all heartfelt.  Hard to join a club that none of us would choose to be a part of but you will NEVER find a better group of people who truly understand what you are going through.  Feel free to express yourself without fear of judgment.

I wish you and your family peace.
janice
Quote 0 0
Emtteach34
I'm certainly getting that feeling. Thank you so much.
Quote 0 0
Zander
I am so sorry for your loss I had to say goodbye to my best friend yesterday too and the pain and the huge hole in in our heart that they leave makes it seem unbearable I pray that the pain will ease for us all but everything reminds me of him and no one (except here) seems to understand at all so it sure is hard not to curl into a ball
Quote 0 0
Emtteach34
I am right there with you. Everything reminds me of her. Whether at home or out, I can't escape it. While painful, I'm also reminded of the good times and if I had the choice, I wouldn't want it any other way. Like you, I am devastated and bounce back and forth between being ok and being in a puddle of tears. Of course that transfer of emotion is about every 5 minutes, so I am a mess. Hang in there my friend and I will try and do the same. We will keep talking. Any strength of mine to you-

Robert
Quote 0 0