Sir
I had to put my baby Sir to sleep yesterday. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I cannot stop crying. My baby is gone. I can't hold him anymore, feed him or stroke his hair. He wasn't waiting for me at the door when I got home. He was not under my feet when I was cooking.

The loss is unbearable. What can one do? My heart is breaking. All I wanted for Christmas was for him to get better. Why wasn't my prayer answered? Where is my Christmas miracle?
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

I am so sorry to hear about Sir. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You have found a place where people understand your pain and are here to help and listen. I cannot answer the question of why your prayer was not answered, but I can tell you that we are here for you.

Quote 0 0
Heidi
My husband and I had to send our Abbie to the Rainbow Bridge a week ago.  So we understand what you're going through.  This is an awesome place to come to for support and comfort.

God answers prayers, but not always the way we want Him to.  I hope you can find some peace this holiday season by thinking of all the wonderful times you had with your Sir.
Heidi
Quote 0 0
jokeef

My heart hurts so badly for you.  I am crying as I am typing this note.  I had to send my Inky to Rainbow Bridge this past Friday.  It's SO hard.  I can't describe the pain.   I can't stop crying.  I miss her terribly.  Like your Sir, Inky always was at the door waiting for me to come home.  She was always in our bed at night.  For the past several months she had been sick.  I would wrap her in my soft robe and just hold her.  At night she would be wrapped in my robe lying beside me in the bed.  I would sing to her.  The house isn't the same.  Please know that I will remember you and Sir in my prayers.  Blessings.

Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I am so sorry for your loss of Sir. I understand your pain. It has been one month for me and I can tell you it has gotten a little better. But  it still hurts a lot. Coming to this site and voicing my pain has been a help. You are not alone.                          Patty
Quote 0 0
Sir

Thank you all. The pain seems unbearable at times. I keep thinking did I spend enough time with him. And the answer is yes. He was loved. Even when he didn' want to be petted. I love him and showed him. It's hardest in the morning because he would be sleeping outside my bedroom when I got up. And when I come home from work, he would be sitting in the chair by the door. I am drained, tired, and I have lost almost 3 pounds since Monday. I eat only because I have to not because I want to. There is a song by Kathy Troccoli that has been helping. It is called "Goodbye For Now." And that is what this is Goodbye for now. In the future I will be reunited with my Sir.

Quote 0 0
K9_Mom
I am so sorry.  I understand the pain and how desolate you feel.  I can't believe it, but I lost my Katy over a month ago and the pain still feels as fresh as if it were an hour ago.  I am exhausted from the grief too and I replay my fervent prayers to God on the days preceeding Katy's passing and wonder why? why? why?

You will keep moving and keep breathing even when you don't want to.  It doesn't get easier or better it but the "bearableness" of the pain will increase and one day you will notice that you spent only 95% of your time grieving and 5% of your time able to focus on something else.  I expect that at some point I may even spend less than 50% of my time grieving and more time focused on something else.  Does that make any sense? 

Come here - vent, cry, and share.  It really does help.   Tell me more about Sir - was sir a Cat? Dog? or maybe some other species?  How old was he?  How did he come into your life?  What is something he did that made you laugh?  Why did you name him Sir?  (I love that as a name by the way!)

You, and Sir, are included in my thoughts and prayers too. 
Quote 0 0
Sir
K9 Mom,

Sir was a beloved cat. He was 14. We adopted him from the Cat House in Key West. He was a birthday present for me. He made me laugh when he would sleep under the Christmas tree or playing with his mouse. We named him Sir because he has a sister called Madam. It seemed fitting.

The pain does seem unbearable and I had to face the fact today that he is not coming back. I was holding out for a miracle or for the vet or cremation place to call saying he is not dead. I sit, hold his cat bed, and cry every night before bed and in the morning before I go to work. I just keep going on in the shock of it all. If anything happened to his sister right now, I told my partner he would have to hospitalize me. I could not bear to lose both is such a short time. You are also in my prayers and thoughts. All of you who have posted on this thread. Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Hossenfeffer
Thinking of you and your kitty, Sir, tonight.  It is so hard to say goodbye.

We can only take one day at a time.  When you are ready maybe you could adopt another kitty to be with Madam.  Nothing can make a house happier than a kitten. 

We adopted a new puppy too soon after we lost our dog ( 5 days ).  It has only been 3 weeks since we brought home the new baby and I still have my doubts. Our big cat isn't too keen on the puppy but the yr old kitty is adapting :)

My prayers are with you all.

=^..^=
Quote 0 0