Jcurran

My baby was put to sleep 21/12/09, My heart has been ripped out and I don't know what to do. She was with us for 15 years and was one of my girls a beautiful sister for Joanne and Aimee. I know she is now in a better place but it doesn't make my life any easier to bear. I love her so much I cannot see how my life can ever be the same.

Quote 0 0
countrybumpkin9062

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my beloved old man Paco on 12/21/09. He was m baby and has been with me for 19 years. I had to beg and beg my dad to let me keep this little ball of black fur when I was just a girl, he was the last puppy left in a litter and he has been my constant companion ever since, he seen me through good and bad times and I had to do the same for him. He had arthritis in is back legs and he was a big boy (german shep. & aussie mix). It is not easy and I have too other babies (dogs) at home who are now looking for him and thats makes it much harder to bear. I just have to think he is now running as fast as he can go and watching over all the children because that was always his favorite thing to do.

Quote 0 0
Jcurran

Thank you so much for your reply, Brady died just yesterday and I and my family are broken hearted. My 4 year old grandaughter called me earlier and said" don't be sad nanny, Brady is happy now she is in heaven" We had 15 good years with Brady, she had illness and surgery for a few things but was otherwise healthy until around 4 weeks ago when her back legs began to go. The vet told us her problem was with her spine but it became clear on 18/12/09 that there was something else wrong. She had been seen by the vet 4 times in the last 2 weeks and was doing well but became very ill very quick. I didn't go to bed at all on Sunday, I just sat with her loving and comforting her. Our vets came out on monday morning at 10.30am and agreed she was in too much pain now. I am lucky enough that they let me cuddle her while they put her to sleep. I cannot describe yesterday other than I didn't stop crying. I have such heartache I want to be with her again, it is so nice to know I am not alone in feeling I have lost an important member of my family and would do anything to have her back.

Quote 0 0
ShidoniiChan
My sweet 16 year old "brother" widget was also put to sleep 12/21/09 . It seems that alot of good friends were lost that day. But 15, 16, and 19 years were really amazing runs for our late furry friends. We got to spend so much time with them! They were so lucky to have families that love them like we do. You did the right thing ... Brady is up in heaven with Paco and Widget and all the other lost furrbabies ... They aren't in pain anymore. They are running around like they haven't been able to do for a really long time! Knowing that does help a little, doesn't it? It's the only thought that has brought me a tiny sliver of peace. It still hurts so much knowing my Widget is gone though ... and it hurts even worse to think about going through this with my own "sons".

My husband told me yesterday that Widget will never be truley gone because he continues to live on in my heart. I'm sure Brady continues to live on, too.

R.I.P Sweet Babies.
Quote 0 0
Jcurran

Thank you for you kind words, may 4 year old grandaughter called me yesterday to tell me not to be sad because Brady is happy in heaven now because she's better. We can still feel her presence and smell her lovely doggy smell. I can't eat or stop crying, neither can my 22 year old daughter. Brady had a lovely life with us, she always came first, everything was planned around her so I have nothing to reproach myself for or have any regrets. We loved her like a child, nobody could have loved her more. She was such a sweet little girl everyone who knew her, loved her. So sorry to hear about your loss too, it seems there are people than I thought that would mourn the loss of a pet and I feel better knowing that. Have a good Christmas if that's possible. x

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
jcurran,

I am so sorry for your loss. And you are right, knowing she is in a better place does not ease the pain. But it will one day. You loved your precious one for 15 wonderful years and she knew this. Your Brady sounds like my Jasmine-she loved everyone and everyone loved her. My tears still flow-the void is still here in my heart. My Jasmine was there to greet her at The Bridge.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this most trying time.

Hugs,

Chery and Angle Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone

Please visit Jasmine:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
gparry

Dear J, I am new here today and I wish to pass on my heartfelt sympathy to you and yours. Not to offend anyone here at all, but I never use the word sorry, as I feel it is one of the most hollow in the english language. I lost my little girl, Gidget, a Papillion 7 weeks ago after 16.5 years. But I have no idea how you feel as to me we all greive differently. I won't go into her illness details as this is about you. Many people don't understand the loss of a pet and what they mean to a person, but obviously the good, caring people on here do. Like you, I feel like my soul has been ripped out, and I still find myself coming home from work calling her name. Remember the good times you had and the great memories. No matter what, they cannot take those from you. A big part of me wants another dog, yet no one can take her place. Again, I send my deepest condolences to you and hope you will find peace and joy in your memories after your mourning. If you wish to correspond you can mail me at gparry@kc.rr.com and I would consider it an honor to discuss what we have both been through. My best to you...Greg

Quote 0 0