myangel1
It's been about a month now since I've had to put my little one down. I miss her still and when I think about her I want to cry. I've been handling it by trying to avoid thinking about her. I was going to take my cousins cat because she cannot keep her anymore but I backed out because I can't imagine having a new cat and not Angel. I have my two other cats still, one that is 14 and one 10. I've had just the three of them for all these years and now that Angel is gone I just can't bring myself to get another. I don't know if I will ever be able to, but I cannot leave my other by himself when my next oldest time comes. I just really hope her time will not be this year, I don't think I could handle losing both in the same year.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on your loss of Angel. I would say that you need to think about your her. Burying it will help in the short term but as painful as it is, if you can face the memories and cry or scream or whatever you need to do, it will help your heart to heal. Angel will never be forgotten but you will be better able to cope. My other suggestion (and it is just a suggestion) is to re-think taking your cousin's cat. This cat needs a home now and it will make you feel good (which is important now) to know you helped him/her. No cat will replace Angel but this cat will add to your family and will no doubt find a way into your heart before you know it.
Once again I am sorry about your beloved Angel.
Sam
Quote 0 0
myangel1
Thank you for the reply. My other cat is the same age and I just hope she doesn't pass anytime soon, I don't know if I could handle going through this again.
Quote 0 0
myangel1
I'm still missing my little one just as much as I did when I first had to let her go. I don't see how this will ever get any easier.
Quote 0 0