Forum

Author   Comment  
Macska

Reply with quote  #1 

I lost my sweet cat Angel on Wednesday.  She was 14 and has been in chronic renal failure for 3 years and was doing very well, but finally got a UTI that her poor tired little body could not handle even with massive supportive care.

There is a hole in my heart that I can't imagine will ever heal.  She came to me shortly after my mother died (I was her fourth owner at the tender age of 3) and proceeded to comfort me and take care of me through that terrible time.  We had been inseparable ever since.  I am just lost without her.

I have a number of other sweet babies, all of which I adore, but Angel was special somehow.  I'm trying to function, go to work, etc., but I'm just lost in a fog of grief. 

CT_Cat_Lady

Reply with quote  #2 
I know just how you feel sweetie, I have (well, had) three cats, but my Baby Leon (who I lost to kidney cancer three and a half months ago) and I had such a special bond.

I understand exactly what you say about the hole in your heart - I feel that way too.  I believe the Leon shaped hole will heal - and leave a Leon shaped scar.

It does get better I promise, I am realizing that I was so lucky to have that bond with him, not everyone gets to experience it.  He visits me in my dreams, and sometimes I swear I can feel him near.

Your furbaby was so lucky to have you in her life, as you were so lucky to have her in yours.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Just know that you've found an amazing place with people who know exactly how you feel. 

With much love at this terrible time,

Louise x
DixiesMom

Reply with quote  #3 
I, too, am grieving.  I have found a place at this site to receive understanding and comfort.  I hope that it will be the same for you.  I lost my precious Dixie last Sunday.  The pain was so raw that I felt that I could not even breathe.  Day three was the hardest though.  I was angry at the whole world that day.  Today has been much better.  I was able to both dress and comb my hair on the same day - something that I had not done since Sunday.  It still hurts but I think I am coming to terms with the fact that she is so much better off.  I actually recalled a memory of her last night and laughed. 
The healing process is very painful and I truly am sorry for your loss.  I will most definitely remember you in prayer.  I'm sure that you do feel him near because he will always be in your heart.
Hugs to you,

donnalee

Reply with quote  #4 
Makska, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Angel.  It is so true how one can be so special to us.  They were there for us during tough times, good times,all times... and that just made the bond even stronger. They just fill up our heart and life in a way that nothing else can.  When we lose them, there is such an emptiness.  We understand how you feel and empathize with your pain as you grieve your precious baby. 

DixiesMom--I am so happy to hear you are doing a little better!  When you can start thinking of a memory and smile, that is a good sign.   At some point, the smiles will outweigh the tears.
Mia870

Reply with quote  #5 

I am so sorry for your loss, the first few weeks are the hardest. I was in agony and felt like my heart was literally breaking. Angel is now running at the Bridge with all our babies, she is happy and at peace, bless her. Grief is like a river, it ebbs and flows. Some days are terrible and some are a little better. Just be kind to yourself and cry when you must and laugh when you can. I am thinking of you xx    

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding.  This agonizing pain truly feels unbearable at times, but reading your replies helps tremendously.  I am so glad I found this wonderful place where there are others who understand!

I will keep all of you - CT-Cat-Lady, Dixies Mom, Donnalee & Mia870 as well as your babies in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that I can become as supportive to others as I start to heal.  Thank you and much love.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.