janeansell
On October 25th my darling, precious girl dropped dead suddenly while out for a walk. Only 7 years old she was the most perfect dog. Coco was small, calm, relaxed, gentle and loving. She was my world and my reason for getting up and out every day.
Without her my house is no longer a home my days are quiet and pointless. The pain I feel is still over whelming and all consuming.
I miss Coco all day every day
Quote 0 0
Colzap
So sorry
Quote 0 0
Colzap
It’s just heartbreaking to lose a pet. Especially when it’s so sudden. I had to put my dog Snowball down unexpectedly 2 days ago n I am absolutely devastated. He was only 11. He was my friend, my therapy, he made me laugh, reminded me to live in the moment , he was sweet n loving to everyone he met. It is hard going out but Coco would want u to go for a walk, get fresh air, and try to make he most of every moment. It’s what dogs do for us.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Jane,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, precious Coco. It must have been shocking and devastating to have her die suddenly on a walk at such a young age. I am sure she was very much loved, very well cared for and had a wonderful life with you. I think animals like Coco can reach a part of our hearts that nobody else can. And once they are gone it feels heartbreaking.

There are many compassionate people here who understand your pain. When/if you feel up to it, it can help to share feelings, pictures and stories about your sweet Coco.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Kdp1981
My heart breaks for you. We just put our 13 year old terrier to sleep a few days ago because he was suffering from the pain of lymphoma. The silence in our house is awful. Your darling Coco is an angel. Please grieve and acknowledge your feelings. I hope you have the right support at this difficult time.
My condolences, Kris
Quote 0 0
Shea143
I am so sorry for this painful loss. There is never enough time with our fur babies, but the sudden nature of this is so difficult to bear. I lost mine on Friday in a tragic accident, he was 6. Our hearts are broken. I hope it’s true that time heals. Sending you warm thoughts.
Quote 0 0
janeansell
Thank you so much.
This is the first time I feel like people understand. Most people don’t understand or appreciate the connection you have with your dog. She was with me every single day and gave unconditional love. Never do you have that with any human, even if it’s your child.
Coco was always at the lounge window when she heard me come through the gate, she had this way of tipping her head to one side and listening to me. She simply made me smile every day and I expected to have her with me for at least a good 5 or more years.
Thank you for your kind words and support, it has been so comforting
Quote 0 0
janeansell
Thank you so much.
This is the first time I feel like people understand. Most people don’t understand or appreciate the connection you have with your dog. She was with me every single day and gave unconditional love. Never do you have that with any human, even if it’s your child.
Coco was always at the lounge window when she heard me come through the gate, she had this way of tipping her head to one side and listening to me. She simply made me smile every day and I expected to have her with me for at least a good 5 or more years.
Thank you for your kind words and support, it has been so comforting
Quote 0 0
Shea143
I know exactly what you mean about the head tilt. I will miss that so much. My Shea was my best friend and my daughter’s partner in crime. I reach for him all the time and won’t ever stop. I’m here if you need to talk.
Quote 0 0
lmc1221

I'm so sorry for your loss! My beloved Reilly passed away Nov. 29. While she was older than your Coco, it was still unexpected, and the silence in the house is difficult to bear, at times. I understand your connection with Coco--I felt as if I lost a child when I said goodbye to Reilly.

I've found some comfort in writing down my memories of her (but I haven't gone back to read them, yet) and looking at her photos every day, but I still feel empty when I look in the backyard or drive past the park where we took our daily walk.

I hope that your wonderful memories of your time with Coco help, at least a little, and know that love never dies.

Quote 0 0
Gucci
janeansell - My deepest sympathies for the shocking loss of your beloved Coco. It must have been traumatic to lose her the way you did, so suddenly, and completely unexpectedly.

Our animal companions are often closer to us than humans; everyone on this forum understands the awful emptiness and eerie quiet that we must endure when we're at home now.

It's been a little over 2 months since I lost my special cat Sammi. He was only 2.5 years old, healthy, and he was struck by a car. It's a senseless event, and I still cry a little every day. I miss him terribly.

Please continue to share with us on this forum; it's a place where your grief is respected, no matter what form it takes. There's no timeline to adhere to when it comes to sorrow.

I have a thread on resources/links on this forum with some articles and videos that you may find useful. I'm including a couple for you now:

https://www.ted.com/talks/nora_mcinerny_we_don_t_move_on_from_grief_we_move_forward_with_it?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

https://www.refugeingrief.com/2013/11/18/rules-at-impact-how-to-survive-early-grief/

Sending you a big hug.
Quote 0 0
janeansell
Thank you
Went into a flower shop on Saturday and the owner had a gorgeous, friendly little terrier dog called Rufus. Spent the whole time talking and stroking him, before leaving and bawling my eyes out.
God this is the biggest pain I’ve ever felt 💔
Quote 0 0
BlackPaws

Dear Jane
Sorry for your loss, i am currently having the same feelings. My room and the whole house is too quiet, sometimes i feel like my dear friend is going to show up at my door but he is already buried. Is really hard going through this but we need to hang on the good memories, because i am sure that our loved companions wouldnt like to see us this sad.
Thank you for sharing and i hope you would be better soon.

I miss my buddy too.

Chewie
Quote 0 0