Forum

Author   Comment  
creativecat327

Reply with quote  #1 
I came home late Friday night to find my beautiful 7-year old cat had passed away while I was out. There were no signs and this was such an unexpected shock. He was not only my family but my best friend, buddy and roommate. I've had him in my life since he was a couple of months old and he gave me the best 7-years of joy but this feels so unfair! He was an indoor cat his whole life and there was nothing he could have ingested or ate around the apartment that could have caused this. He was his typical happy cat self on Friday and we had our normal routine and I didn't notice anything odd except that he was a little sleepy in the afternoon but he always had his afternoon naps on the couch and I didn't think twice about it. As I was getting ready to leave (which he didnt like) I was going down the stairs and as I was closing the door he was at the top of the stairs watching me leave and I told him i loved him and would be back soon. I always felt guilty leaving him even if it was a few hours and I always made time to be with him b/c he was such a pleasure and great company and comfort for me. As I left Friday night I actually thought about the weekend ahead and how it was going to be busy and that I wouldn't have a lot of time to spend with him and I thought about cancelling my plans Friday to go back to chill out with him. I decided not to and this makes me feel guilty that I wasn't there for his last moments to hold and pet him and tell him one last time I loved him.
I came home and found him laying on the floor half under my bed with his head peeking out and it was by the entrance of my doorway. He was in a typical sleeping position on his side but his eyes were half open and had a blank stare and his mouth was slightly open with his tongue hanging out a little. I fell to my knees and sobbed and was in complete shock and held him. I called my parents who drove up to me with me bc they know how much he meant to me. We all surrounded his body and sobbed and told him how much we loved him. We took him to the vet and they couldn't tell what had happened but believe he may have had a heart attack or a stroke and probably passed quickly and did not suffer since he showed no signs! I am in shock he is gone and I can never see his beautiful face or have him wake me up at 5am to hearing him purr all day. He was such a happy cat and loved being with me and I loved everything he brought to my life. I wish there was something I could have done or knew but there were no signs and I feel his life was robbed at such a young age. I feel as if im going through the emotions of living but I don't feel meaning or a purpose knowing he isn't here. I am dreading going back to my apartment where he and I lived and knowing he won't greet me at the door and I'll never have him sleeping in my lap purring loudly. This has broken my heart not only because he is gone but that he was taken from me at a young age and showed no signs...this was not expected. Has anyone had this happen to them or know someone that had a cat suddenly die? I need any support I can get. I miss you beautiful baby boy!
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Friend,

My heart aches for you.  What a terrible shock, especially since your guy was so young and vibrant.  Give yourself time to heal, and take baby steps. 

It sounds to me as if this was probably a heart attack or stroke, and if so, it's a blessing that he didn't suffer.  Cardiac problems can come on so suddenly, and at just about any age.  As you said, he was young, but 7 years is the point at which our kitties are entering their senior years.  A 7 year-old cat is the equivalent of a 45 year-old human.  Still very young, but not a spring chicken any longer, either.  I hope that might help you to at least put things in a slightly different perspective.  Bless you for giving him such a wonderful life, and for loving him better than anyone else could have.

You and your angel are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope you'll come back soon and share stories about his life with you, and maybe post some pictures of him when you can.  In the mean time, I have sent a special message to my three main Bridge Kitties (Bingo, Buddy, and T.J.), asking them to help your guy send you some signs to let you know he is young and healthy, and part of the universal love energy forever.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
CharleeJLZ

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh sweetheart this must be terrible for you, I have lost a cat that meant the world to me... he got me off the sofa when i was going through a nervous breakdown and i rescued him after months on the street when he was close to death. that bond is so amazing and utterly destroying when its broken.... but the thing is you still have that bond, the memories and you need to hold on to them when your feeling lost and upset. dont forget to keep chatting on here or pm me or anything.
my friend lost a 2 year old kitty from a heart attack, sometimes the only thing that can give you some warning with these things is if the vet can hear a heart murmur earlier on in life. this is very hard to hear them properly and i dont think there is any medication to sort it, but one thing is for sure, furbabies that pass from heart attacks/strokes pass quickly and is probably sat with my furbaby at rainbow bridge just as shocked as you are.
You have to hold onto the possitives to get yourself through this, and as susie said dont run before you can walk... baby steps help xx. Guilt is a very horrid thing and stops us from grieveing. i will post a link at the bottom and see if this helps. You were so lucky to have eachother, that is very clear, and that you said you loved him before you left. My cat got knocked down by a car and died, the last thing i said to him was 'heres your dinner' i left him eating and never saw him again. Be strong sweetheart and im here if you need a chat at any point or email or anything.
Im thinking of you at this hard time xx keep hold of the positives xx

http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html

MagzMom

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so very sorry for your loss Creative. I know how it feels to come home to an empty home. It's devastating.  As everyone has said so far, give yourself time.  Cry when You need to cry, don't let anyone tell you when you should be done. I wish you peace and I grieve with you.
creativecat327

Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you for the responses and support. It has been such an overwhelming and shocking experience for me. I wake up and realize the nightmare is true and he isn't in my life..it is heartbreaking. Knucky aka Knucklehead was not only a beautiful cat on the outside but such a beautiful soul on the inside that looked me in the eye and we completely understood one another. I plan on getting a necklace or bracelet to wear with his name engraved. I will think of him everyday and I hope he is watching from where he is and guiding me through life. I love you Knucky!

PoohtsMom

Reply with quote  #6 

Creative, I am truly sorry to hear of your kitty's sudden passing. If it makes you feel better, I am very sure all of our pets are thrilled to have Knucky at the bridge.

Tricia

Reply with quote  #7 
Dear friend,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby boy. My heart goes out to you. Please know that my Tabby Burton is watching over your Baby at the Bridge and taking good care of him.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Tricia, Burton & Ozzie's Mom

Attached Images
jpeg BurtonandOzzie2.jpg (179.16 KB, 3 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.