Lynette
This past Monday 7/16/18 I had to put my cat of 18 years down . She was healthy up until she hit 17 and then had Chronic kidney disease . I gave her sub q fluids and she had a great year still even with her declining weight . before I took her to the vet she stopped eating , I could tell her eye sight was going and she was walking very slow which was unlike her and wanting to be by herself . She ended up having more issues like congested heart failure, liver issues and possibly cancer . The sick took her over so fast that I needed to put her at peace . It was the most devastating day of my life. It has been 6 days and I have yet to wake up feeling normal. I cry everyday and every morning I feel I have just emotional pain in my chest . She was not just a house pet , She was my companion who moved to different homes with me , would actually spoon with me in bed , who I would look forward to coming home from work . I moved to San Diego two years ago and out of a relationship . I have lived alone just her and I and now my home feels empty and cold . I want this pain to go away but every morning I wake up and cry and at random times in the day . Sometimes I forget she is gone and will think oh I wonder if Mandy will like this treat . Its hard to accept after 18 years she is gone . And I just want one day to wake up where I don’t feel this loss so hard .
Quote 0 0
Jmtcn
Lynette I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I too just put my 18 yr old cat down last Saturday due to hyperthyroidism for 3 years and CRF. He was down to 5 lbs 4ozs and on an appetite stimulate and meds for the hyperthyroidism. He still kept losing weight. He was going to the bathroom on himself and had been hiding for a couple of months. He was so weak and just sick. I made the awful decision to put him down and I question that every day. He went through so many emotional issues with me over the years and was my best friend. I still can’t believe he’s gone. I am so sad and filled with so much guilt. I barely get through the day. I really am sorry for you. I truly feel your pain.
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hi Lynette,

I am very sorry for the loss of your precious kitty.  My beautiful Siamese boy died almost 6 months ago and just today I found myself still crying over the loss.  He was 15, and like your kitty, was with me through many moves and many ups and downs and lost relationships.  He was my soul-mate and I know exactly how you feel.  You have come to the right place.  I have found a great support system here and I feel that you will find the support you so greatly need right now, here as well.  The first few weeks are the hardest.  It is the most profound emptiness.  I cried, couldn't eat or sleep, couldn't go to work, and felt a physical pain in my chest and stomach when I had to put Mitookie down.  He had been sick with hyperthyroidism for too long.  He had been on meds and had just undergone a second surgery that he ultimately did not survive.  I had all kinds of guilt and sorrow.  It is so hard to know if we did the right thing by our pets.  I am glad he is no longer in pain, and I feel that I will see him again one day, but until then, it is so very painful.  Please come to the forum as often as you need to because people here really do care and understand what you are going through.  I hope that you find some comfort and peace in the days ahead.

Kind Regards,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0