Camiz Show full post »
Camiz
I am glad you wrote that!

The first call I got was a tearful message from my stepson in NY saying "I'm sorry to hear about Zozo, she knows it was never about the sandwich- it was just a funny story to tell"

Legend had been when my stepson came to visit us after a tenure from Japan, he was making a sandwich in the middle of the night, it was a masterpiece, with Zoey in the wings, he turned around to grab something and then when he turned around the entire sandwich was gone. He loved to tell that tale for years to come every time the family got together.

I will never delete this voice mail - it is one of the sweetest memories of Zoey as well
Quote 0 0
DaniC
"she knows it was never about the sandwich- it was just a funny story to tell"

That made me giggle a little :) Thank you for that!
Quote 0 0
Camiz
My husband got me a locket for Valentines with Zoey's photo inside and that opened a floodgate of tears for me. Today we received her ashes with her paw print.

I don't feel the pain anymore but I'm in constant state of sadness and emptiness. Our song plays over and over in my mind, bringing back the tears. I wish this would end because it is not fair to my husband who I know is grieving for her as well.
Quote 0 0
LukeyBoy
Camiz,  there is no timetable to grief.  it's only been two weeks for you.  The first month was brutal for me (a man who bottles up emotions), and it was only after I started a thread and wrote messages to my Luke that I began to feel the pain subside. While the constant intense pain is waning, I still have times it seems to flair up more than others.  My wife and I just had a good cry together yesterday because we miss our boy so very much.  Continue to share your grief with your husband.  Your pain is still so very fresh and raw, eventually you will find a release mechanism.   p.s. what a wonderful valentines gift...I wish I thought to do that for my wife.
Quote 0 0
Camiz
Facebook memories keep popping up photos of Zoey, gee I must love that girl so much and proud of her, every day I posted something about her and her sisters

LukeyBoy, my son and I were eating out last night and my eyes just welled up thinking of her. He saw me, he was probably wondering why I was crying , pointed to his eyes, questioning as if "Mom did I do something wrong?" I need to be better in control with my emotions

My husband suggested this morning I should get a tattoo out of the ceramic paw imprint that came along her ashes. I had been meaning to get another one but haven't come up with a meaningful design. I am planning to get a miniature copy in my inner wrist at the right time
Quote 0 0
LukeyBoy
Camiz, 

We've had a facebook memory pop up nearly every week.  the last one was from over 7 years ago when he was not even 2 years old. We have a lot of good memories with him, and after six weeks I am finally accepting he's gone. 

Don't beat yourself up for showing how much you loved Zoey.  It OK, even good, for others to know you are grieving. We can't control emotions, only accept them. It's how our broken hearts get mended together again.  

My last tattoo was almost 25 years ago, but if I was going to get another one it would be something about my Lukey boy!  Go for it!! 
Quote 0 0