Rade8u2001
I recently lost 2 dogs and my story is posted lower in another thread and is very tragic and Im still heartbroken, but when reading all the posts here, I wanted to tell you guys about a book I found. Its called 'Going Home..Finding Peace When Pets Dke'.. by Jon Katz. Ive read many of his books in the past and this one is truly special to me. It helped with my grief and I hope it will help yours too. 💜 🐕
Quote 0 0
Melissad75
Thank you for sharing. I’m going to try to read this. I lost my dog Scottie yesterday and in November on the day I was moving from RI to Florida my border collie died suddenly before we could even get her to the vet. A few years before that I lost my other beagle Benny to lymphoma. In 2 years I went from 3 dogs to none. I’ve been struggling with the thoughts of never seeing them again and it’s killing me. Maybe this book will make me feel better. I’m so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Ashleyann_23
Thank you for sharing I am going to buy this book. I lost my sweet angel Winston on Thursday and am so broken and looking for anything I can read to find comfort. Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Rade8u2001
I have lost 5 dogs in the last 2 years or so...3 to old age/diseases and then my 2 recently from unforeseen circumstances. My bigger terrier rescue attacked my rescue maltese. It has been awful on me and my 10 year old beagle as well as the rest of my family. I read this book and even highlighted some great points to go back and read when i start to feel down. Its a constant guilt that is hard to shake. 💜
Quote 0 0
msweet13
I will have to check this out. The book that helped me deal with the loss of my beloved Brutus was the book entitled "Heart Dog, Surviving the Loss of Your Canine Soul Mate" by Roxanne Hawn. The synopsis on the back states, "Even if you've experienced pet loss before, losing a canine soul mate is different. Typical grief advice isn't nearly enough..." Brutus is my heart dog and I found this book to be what I needed to read. I read it many times, over and over (97 pages from beginning to end). Just a suggestion. 

Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Melissad75
Msweet13 I saw this book an amazon. I’m going to see if my library has a copy or I will buy it once I have some xtra $ next week. Scottie was definitely my dog soul mate. It’s been bad enough dealing with this but it’s harder because no one who lives with me gets it. I cry alone in my room or bathroom. My dad who lives with me told me I need to get over it. I’m so angry right now. Why can’t they support me or just keep their mouths shut. Thing is they haven’t seen me breaking down so they don’t even know the extend of my pain.
Quote 0 0
PipersMother
Melissad75 wrote:
Msweet13 I saw this book an amazon. I’m going to see if my library has a copy or I will buy it once I have some xtra $ next week. Scottie was definitely my dog soul mate. It’s been bad enough dealing with this but it’s harder because no one who lives with me gets it. I cry alone in my room or bathroom. My dad who lives with me told me I need to get over it. I’m so angry right now. Why can’t they support me or just keep their mouths shut. Thing is they haven’t seen me breaking down so they don’t even know the extend of my pain.

Melissad75, I am so sorry for the loss of your Scottie. I recently lost my sweet cat, Miranda, and 10 months before that I lost another cat, Piper.

I am sorry to hear that you are surrounded by unsupportive people. I have experienced the same indifference from family and friends. My parents are supportive, but siblings and friends just don't get it. They are too self-absorbed and/or emotionally immature to see what the loss means to me. And so they say dumb things and expect me to get over it already and it really bothers me. It also really tells me what their hearts are made of, and it's definitely not warmth and compassion.

Anyway, I am glad we have this forum to share with each other. Everyone here gets it. I have found it very healing and comforting to be able to write out my feelings and share back-and-forth with others in this group. Everyone is understanding and most of us feel the same deep, profound sense of loss and sadness after losing a pet.

I'm sending you blessings and comfort, and strength to make it through your interactions with the unsupportive people in your life.

Quote 0 0
PipersMother
Rade8u2001 wrote:
I recently lost 2 dogs and my story is posted lower in another thread and is very tragic and Im still heartbroken, but when reading all the posts here, I wanted to tell you guys about a book I found. Its called 'Going Home..Finding Peace When Pets Dke'.. by Jon Katz. Ive read many of his books in the past and this one is truly special to me. It helped with my grief and I hope it will help yours too. 💜 🐕

Than you for this book recommendation. I will check it out.
Quote 0 0
Melissad75
Don’t know if anyone believes in this kind of stuff but I came across a video on u tube called the afterlife of cats dogs and other pets by bob Olsen. I didn’t listen to the entire thing yet but it was pretty interesting. He had a medium on who said she can communicate with death animals. I don’t know if it’s a bunch of crap and I just want what she said to be true but it did make me feel a bit better.
Quote 0 0