Forum

Author   Comment  
BWM

Reply with quote  #1 
My dog showed signs of cancer in October of 2012.  He was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.  He was unable to walk for about 4 months due to the tumor on his spine, however with chemo and a steroid, he was able to walk again and almost become his old self.  The MRI showed that he had lysis all over his body.  The Oncologist said that we could help him feel better but that was it.  I wasn't satisfied with that so I wanted everything that could be done to help him.  He passed away last Monday night.  I have extreme grief over this.  Because he appeared to be doing so well, I never set myself up that he would die.  He was taken off the chemo drug after a year and a half and was being weaned off his steroid.  I feel like I did something wrong.  We had a party Saturday night and he always steals people food.  I feel like he could have eaten something and this caused him to die.  I put down a little rock salt in my backyard.  I convinced myself he ate that and this caused him to die.  He was lethargic on Sunday which isn't uncommon after a party due to all the treats he steals.  Monday when I came home, he was laying down and breathing through his nose.  He was able to go outside and urinate.  When my wife came home, he got up and appeared to be acting like himself again.  He wouldn't eat his normal food but ate some of our left over dinner.  He then went to lay down in the corner.  I helped him up the stairs and he began to breathe heavily.  I should have taken him to the Vet but I didn't.  He moved around a few times and when I went to check on him, he wasn't breathing.  I feel so terrible and feel like I didn't do him justice.  What could have happened?
FrecklesMom

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could help with the question "why". Losing a beloved pet is not an easy thing to handle or go through. Again, I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy.

I will Love you forever sweet boy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.