FClaire
I'm feeling panicky, thoughts going through my head now, what if and when I get through this pain,I forget about my beautiful boy Ollie, who we lost nine days ago. Moving on to me is forgetting him, his little cheeky ways. His stubbornness, his loyalty, everything about him. I dont want to, its scaring me. Are these thought normal?
Quote 0 0
DaniSuzanne
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my 'old man' 18 months ago, and whilst he's not the dog who brought me here today, I can say that I've grieved for him, I miss him very much but that initial heartbreak has passed. When he passed I was scared that I'd just move on, forget him and it would be like I never had him or loved him. That isn't the case at all, I still miss him so much. He's still spoken about and now, we speak less and less about how much he changed (he had dementia) and they're more about the boy he was before. We all remember things that we had once forgotten when we were living with him and his condition.

I think that if you love Ollie, which you clearly do, it's safe to say that you'll never forget him. Never forget your favourite things about him. You'll never forget the love that you guys had for each other. How could you?

However, If the worry is something that you feel is causing you a great deal of distress then maybe you could put a scrapbook together of your time with him? Pictures and memories. All of the things that youre worried you'll forget, write them down so that you can always remind yourself of them. It's not something you have to do right away, you can leave it a few weeks if you feel it would be too tough at the moment. If you're worried about a few weeks being too long then you could maybe ask a friend or family member to help you? So that you don't have to go through it alone, so that someone else can take the pen or the keyboard if/when things are a little too much. It's not something that would have to be done in one go either, it's something you can do over a period of time that suits you.

Sending hugs ♥️
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Thankyou so much, your words have helped with those thoughts. I suppose it's all part of the grieving process. Along with all the other thoughts. guilt etc.
My son as actually had a beautiful photo album made of Ollie. I'm sure I wont forget,who could. Thankyou xxx
Quote 0 0
negarnex
My fear of forgetting the little boy I lost made me write the story of his whole life, every little bit I could remember, starting from his birth. Now I know that I can always look at my writings to remind myself about him and his quirks. I also consider making a little book just to have his story not only as words on the internet, but a physical thing I can touch. Having dozens of his photos help, but they don't convey much about the boy's character.

But you won't forget Ollie because you love him. You might forget little details, it is inevitable, because of our nature, but you will always remember him as your beautiful boy.
Quote 0 0
FClaire
What a beautiful idea. I think I will start to write things down about him. Where do I start(smile) he had so many funny ways, drove me crazy at times with them! Thankyou xxx
Quote 0 0