Rickyy
On July 27 my precious “Maggie” 1/2 Min Pin & 1/2 Dachshund passed away from an enlarged heart. She was diagnosed with it only 4 months ago, only a week before we celebrated her 10th birthday. She passed away in my son’s arms, which was incredibly difficult for him as he had never experienced death before. What worse was he & Maggie were so close. I find now even after we had a memorial stone engraved for her, & had her ashes returned for us to have a memorial for her, I cannot stop thinking of her. My heart is still broken & every place I look I see something that reminds me of her. She was the most active of our 3 Dachshunds & now it is so quiet I hate being in my own home sometimes. She stamped her presence everywhere in my house & back yard. I find myself spacing out & being so quiet. My wife & family get a little frustrated because as they try to heal, I keep talking of her sadly & it makes their healing tougher. I can’t help it as I know deep inside this was not a ‘forever goodbye.’ I will see her again as my Faith speaks of God granting you all you could wish for is yours if you believe in him, and I most certainly do. I just miss her here on Earth & I have never done well with loss though again I know it’s not forever. I know each day will get better but as of now I cannot completely function without her. I miss her so much it hurts.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Ricky,
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Maggie. I lost my dog Rookie on 7/20, and like you, everything reminds me of him. I too believe I will see my Rookie again, but the loss of their physical presence is very hard to deal with. It sounds like you and your family are healing in different ways. I have a few people who don't mind hearing me talk about Rookie- plus everyone on this forum. Finding this forum and hearing/ sharing stories and pictures has really been helpful to me. When you're ready, maybe share a picture of Maggie. Until then, you're in my thoughts!
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Ricky I am so sorry the loss of your precious Maggie. It is so difficult when we lose our babies. One of the most difficult reminders to deal with is a quiet house. I went from having 2 dogs to none in a matter of one month and my house is no longer a place where I want to be. Everything reminds me of them and the silence is deafening. It does get difficult when others around you grieve differently than you. There is no shame in the way you feel and it is unfortunate that others around you may not be understanding of that. In my case my husband doesn't talk about it and doesn't like for me to talk about it either because I start to cry. That is what this forum is for. We can come here and write about our feelings and know that we are not being judged. Everyone here is going through the same thing and we all feel our losses deeply. I hope you continue to post and talk more about your Maggie. And yes, it is not goodbye forever, but not having them physically with us is very tough to get used to. Thinking of you......
Quote 0 0
Rickyy
Thank you so much for your reply Rookiesmama. It’s very thoughtful & it is truly nice to know others heal a little slower. I’m better I think with each passing day, but she still pops in there ever so often. I think a lot of it is ‘routine.’ You know the things yourvpet did all the time. You know the getting up, the letting them go outside, the welcome home bark & loves etc. I know again in time when I think about her it won’t be loss & sorrow, it will be laughter & blessings of her.
Quote 0 0
Rickyy
I’m sorry for your pain as well MAI. I’m still blessed with 2 of our babies. Though one is 17 he still is doing pretty well. All of us heal differently & slower than others. I identify it as them not loving them as much as me, but it’s just I’m a bit more over-sensitive & don’t deal with loss as good as them. Loss & separation is a tough thing & I have never really been great at it. It just takes me a lot longer but it does get better. I’m thinking of you as well and for me I do talk to her out loud when I’m alone & it does help. Try that sometime with a picture of the doggie nearby. In passing talk to your doggie & look at the pic & give it a kiss. If you wait just a second it feels a little better for your heart.
Quote 0 0