Nechemiahsmom
Despite most of us still being under a "shelter in place" order some of us can communicate with their mothers. If their mother has passed on it is acceptable to honor her. For those whose only "mothering" was to a four legged child it is not honored or even taken seriously. I would like to wish everyone who are parents currently or in the past, a Happy Mother's Day. I am missing my baby. This is my first Mother's Day without him.
Quote 1 0
ac416

Thank u for posting this ❤️- didnt expect to be hit so hard With grief but first time not being a pet parent on mothers day after 14 years ( its been 6 weeks since my cat passed) and seems foolish to tell friends as supportive as theyve been they wouldnt get it- but your post brings comfort that its common, lots of love( i also would call my cat momma as a nickname so theres that too)

Ac
Quote 0 0
Quincysmomma
I didn't expect yesterday to be hard for me either, but it really was.  We have no human children and I talked to my own mother and then wished my sisters a happy mothers days because they all have kids, but then I felt so sad because my furry baby is gone now.  Its been 8 weeks and I'm still really struggling every day without him.  Thank you for writing this!
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
It was four months ago today that my precious baby boy, Cody, passed. It was my first mother's day without him since my mother passed away back in 2008 and last month was my first birthday. I miss him so very much. He was more than just a dog he was my child. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. He was a once in a lifetime dog and my life will never be the same without him. 😭
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
mrcatsam
Thank you for your honest post. I cried for about an hour on Mother's Day and I was wondering if anyone else was feeling this way.
Samuel
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
Thank you for your post.  Mother’s Day was really hard.  I did my best to smile for my kids as they did everything to make me happy.  I cried so much when I went to bed and yesterday all day.  I can’t believe I have survived almost 8 weeks without her. I feel, see, and even smell her everywhere.  Hopefully someday I can stop feeling guilty and be happy again.  Is it even possible? God bless you all. 🙏🏼
Sp
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Yes I so can relate.  Mother’s Day has been hard since my mother passed, 29 yrs ago.  This is the first year that I am not a dog mom.  It was difficult for me as well.  
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0