BeautifulDK
I just CAN’T do mornings without Rosco. He slept in my room, in a comfy bed in the corner of the room. He slept his last night there. It was there we took the decision to let him go. In the mornings, I would go to his bed and say GOOD MORNING ROSCOOOO and he will wake up and wag his tail and be so happy. When we woke up first, he could come to my side of the bed and stare at me. When I opened my eyes, he would be the first thing I saw. Most days I will give him permission to jump on my bed and we would cuddle. I would rub his little belly and hug him sooo tight. All that is gone. I feel such a loss.
Quote 0 0
FClaire
I haven't the words to help sorry, but I feel exactly the same. I hate mornings as soon as I open my eyes. Ollie slept on the end of our bed. He would never let me stretch out, little devil! He would then always jump off the bed about 5.30 wake me up because he wanted feeding. I would make him get back up and say just 5 minutes more. And by golly he made sure that's all he gave me. I would go down with him, feed him, then he would stay downstairs and I would go back to bed for a couple of hours. I would then get up and he would be downstairs waiting for me. Now he isn't 😢😢 its horrible. I used to moan because I didn't get a proper nights sleep because of him. And now I am as I've nothing to get up for, and I feel so guilty for moaning about him. Every day seems to be getting harder and harder, I'm still at the stage were I cant believe he is not here. Missing him so so much xxx
Quote 0 0
huckleberry1918
I agree that mornings are the worst. I'ts now been 48 days and I'm starting to finally snap out of it of my depression. I still have occasions where I cry, but I can now usually keep the tears in. The way I'm starting to look at it, is the mornings are the worst, but at least you know the day will get better. At least you get the mornings over with first. It would be worse, if the night time was worse, then you would think about it, all day. I hope that makes sense.

I like that name Roscoe. Somebody emailed me last week, about my missing cat, Huckleberry. She is also missing a cat and her cat's name was name Roscoe.
Quote 0 0
BeautifulDK
huckleberry1918 wrote:
I agree that mornings are the worst. I'ts now been 48 days and I'm starting to finally snap out of it of my depression. I still have occasions where I cry, but I can now usually keep the tears in. The way I'm starting to look at it, is the mornings are the worst, but at least you know the day will get better. At least you get the mornings over with first. It would be worse, if the night time was worse, then you would think about it, all day. I hope that makes sense.

I like that name Roscoe. Somebody emailed me last week, about my missing cat, Huckleberry. She is also missing a cat and her cat's name was name Roscoe.


Hello Huckleberry! You are perhaps right, let’s see where this moves to. It seems every day has its new challenge. I just caught my 12 year old boy googling “five stages of grief”. He seems ok about it, but perhaps there is much more under the surface. I have to deal with my process and also my family’s. They seem more affected in the afternoon, when they come back from school :(
Quote 0 0
BeautifulDK
FClaire wrote:
I haven't the words to help sorry, but I feel exactly the same. I hate mornings as soon as I open my eyes. Ollie slept on the end of our bed. He would never let me stretch out, little devil! He would then always jump off the bed about 5.30 wake me up because he wanted feeding. I would make him get back up and say just 5 minutes more. And by golly he made sure that's all he gave me. I would go down with him, feed him, then he would stay downstairs and I would go back to bed for a couple of hours. I would then get up and he would be downstairs waiting for me. Now he isn't 😢😢 its horrible. I used to moan because I didn't get a proper nights sleep because of him. And now I am as I've nothing to get up for, and I feel so guilty for moaning about him. Every day seems to be getting harder and harder, I'm still at the stage were I cant believe he is not here. Missing him so so much xxx


Oh! How sad reading this makes me. This morning I drove to a random church, and lit a candle. I will go tomorrow as well. I guess I need to force myself to deal with the sorrow and get out of the house, and somehow signal to Rosco that he is in my heart. I am having so many questions about the afterlife/meaning... I guess that counts like depression. Hope I can move forward to a more hopeful place. Right now, I am in your side of the woods :(
Quote 0 0
FClaire
BeautifulDK wrote:


Oh! How sad reading this makes me. This morning I drove to a random church, and lit a candle. I will go tomorrow as well. I guess I need to force myself to deal with the sorrow and get out of the house, and somehow signal to Rosco that he is in my heart. I am having so many questions about the afterlife/meaning... I guess that counts like depression. Hope I can move forward to a more hopeful place. Right now, I am in your side of the woods :(
Quote 0 0
FClaire
BeautifulDk, that was lovely to do that.Please if you do go tomorrow, would you please light one for my Ollie? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow we lost him. I have forced myself out of the house also today to get some groceries. Was going to get them delivered, but thought that's not the answer, I need to go myself. I didn't want to. Coming back into the house, was just awful, couldn't help but break down Ollie always greeted me,wanting to nosey if I had bought him something. He knew he always got a treat. Think I am at the minute in the depression faze, who knows so many thoughts and emotions in my head. Yes let's hope soon we can all move on to a much happier place. I want to be able to remember Ollie with smiles, not with sadness. But it just shows doesn't it, how much we loved them xxx
Quote 0 0
BeautifulDK
FClaire wrote:
BeautifulDk, that was lovely to do that.Please if you do go tomorrow, would you please light one for my Ollie? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow we lost him. I have forced myself out of the house also today to get some groceries. Was going to get them delivered, but thought that's not the answer, I need to go myself. I didn't want to. Coming back into the house, was just awful, couldn't help but break down Ollie always greeted me,wanting to nosey if I had bought him something. He knew he always got a treat. Think I am at the minute in the depression faze, who knows so many thoughts and emotions in my head. Yes let's hope soon we can all move on to a much happier place. I want to be able to remember Ollie with smiles, not with sadness. But it just shows doesn't it, how much we loved them xxx


Sure! I’ll light a candle for both Ollie and Rosco and post a picture here :)
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Awww thankyou so so much ❤ xxxxx
Quote 0 0