roseblue1
Well my darling boy it has been two months today that we lost you and never a moment goes by without us thinking of you. We miss your funny ways like after using the litter tray you would sprint around the house like Usain Bolt (never knew why) but it did make us laugh...and how you would try and fit into the tiniest of boxes...and if you did get a box you liked it would have to stay in the same place until you got fed up with it and that could be three or four weeks...but we did not care as it made you so happy.

Remember the day I picked you up after being rescued you were a beautiful Maine Coon at five years old and on the way back to your new home I said that you will not want for anything and you never did...you gave us eleven beautiful years my boy and you brought so much joy to the home that our lives revolved around you and it was an honour to have you as part of the family.

We still shed a tear each day...but they are tears of the joy and funny things that you did to make our lives so happy and there is so much of you still here in your home. You were a proper English gentleman as my daughter would say the ''Henry Cavill'' of the cat world.

We have brought you a light that we have outside the French Doors and when it comes on at sundown we say Monty is shining bright tonight...just like you always did.

We truly hope that the feathers we are finding in our home are from you...and if they are thank you so much sweetheart...we keep every one.

We love you with all our hearts Sugar Plum Plum.

Mummy and Scarlett
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

A beautifully written sentiment to your beloved Monty.

: *** )

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Thank you so much James for your kind words...and may I also say James what an asset you are to this forum with your considerate and thoughtful words to those who are grieving...you have helped so many of us.

Love Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
MLovesRuby
Oh Ellen,  your letter to Monty made me cry.  He was the luckiest boy in the world, and you and Scarlett were so lucky to have him share his life with you.

He lived his best life with two women who couldn't have loved him more.  You are a wonderful woman!

OX
Michelle
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Thank you so much Michelle...we were the lucky one's to have Monty and you Ruby...they enriched our lives.

Love Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
Dear Ellen,

What a nice tribute about your sweet Monty.  It made me laugh how he'd dart around the house after using the litter tray! Our companions have the cutest antics that bring such laughter and joy to each day.  It's so hard when they're gone, but good to hear you feel him all around in your home.  

I like how you told him 'you'll never want for anything' - what a wonderful life he must've had with you.  So sorry for your loss and this milestone.  We feel your pain. XOXO 
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Dear Jennifer.

Thank you so much for your kind words...Monty was everything to us he lit up our world and in him doing so we smothered him with love even though at times we could see him looking at us and thinking '' I wish these women would stop kissing me all the time''. 

What we would do for one more kiss...

Take care Jennifer.

Love Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hello Sweetheart.

Just to let you know how much we are missing you...Thursday are not my best days as it was on a Thursday  you left us 10 weeks ago and we never for one moment  forget what a massive part of our family you were and still are...you are still very much here with us.

I was remembering today how we use to watch ''Cat TV'' together...do you remember when the bird flew away how you would go around the back of the PC and look for the bird and when you could not find it you would look at me as though to say ''where has it gone mummy'' how we laughed at your precious little face...and when you were hungry we could get loads of kisses from you but once you had been fed it would be a case of ''just let me sleep girls''.

Remember the disco ball we brought you for Christmas when I rolled it to you  you ran up the hallway and hid under my bed...but you had no trouble devouring the tin of biscuits we got you...that was your favourite tin as I use to feel it up with biscuits and shake the tin...you never ran under the bed then...goodness how we miss you our sweet darling boy...loving you for an eternity would never be enough.

Love you with every inch of our hearts Sugar Plum Plum

Mummy and Scarlett
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Hallo Ellen!!

I love your stories about Monty so much.  He was just the best boy with such a great personality.  My Ruby left me today, Friday, 10 weeks ago too.  I am thinking about her so much today.

Ruby was such a funny girl too!  She had many different facial expressions...from a loving sweet face, to "mummy, you're very annoying today!"  I was always all over her because she was so soft and squishy and I wanted her near me all the time.  Her ears would go back and she would look at me with half opened eyes, but a few minutes later, she would bump heads with me letting me know she loved me too.  I would ask for a kiss and she would lean her nose to me so I could kiss her.....Man....I miss my baby so much.

Take care, My Friend.  Stay safe and happy.
Peace
Michelle
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle.

Really good to hear from you...hope your boy is well and you are enjoying life with him.
I also think of Monty so much...and the silly thing is Michelle was that I never ever thought of him leaving us...he was always here as like Ruby he was a house cat and when they are house cats they wait for you to come in...they follow you around the house and even when I was cooking Monty would always come out into the kitchen to join me...he was never far from me and I miss that so much.

''Remus'' is getting big now he has had his first injections and he goes again in a couple of weeks for his second and will also be microchipped and then after that he will be neutered...Michelle when I got Monty he was five years old and such a good boy he settled in so well...with Remus it is like having a baby in the home...he sleeps and then he wakes up and it is all go with toys everywhere and so it repeats itself...but he is a joy. Bobby is still visiting two or three times a day and is getting more and more friendlier. and is now learning to play.

Last night we were watching videos of Monty and I cried like a baby...but they were tears of how we loved him and that we knew he had a good life just like your Ruby...my goodness what lucky little kitty's they were Michelle and how lucky we were to have them.

Take care my friend and be happy.

Love Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Hello Ellen!!!

I hope you are doing well too, and staying safe out there.  Where I live there aren't that many cases of covid, we are all trying to stay safe and wearing masks, etc.  Such a strange and scary time....one which I would have never thought would happen in my lifetime.

Yep.....I still have this big boy with me.  And he's plumped up quite a bit, which I love to see.  He still has no interest in going outside.  But Holey Mackerel, if the mosquitoes don't eat you alive in the evenings, the wasps will eat the flesh off your bones during the day!  So I'm happy to stay inside with the air conditioning!

Watching those movies of Monty must have been so hard....but at the same time maybe happy too?  The joy he gave you and Scarlett is greater than the grief we still feel for our lost loves.

You know.....I was sitting on the couch the other day farting around on the computer, and I was absently petting and scratching this fellow laying beside me.  I was engrossed in what I was reading and looked down and was so startled I pulled my hand back!  It wasn't Ruby!  I was expecting to see my black girl laying beside me and here was this orange guy.  My mind didn't grasp it at first!  Where is Ruby?  Who is this?  Oh Man......did it ever mess with my brain!  I teared up for the first time in a couple of weeks, Ellen.  Everything just came flooding back to me and I got really sad for a while.  It took some time for me to come back to the reality AGAIN about losing my Ruby.  But I think that will always happen.  Something is always going to trigger our losses.  So I grabbed the brush and cried as I brushed this guy.  He loves it sooooo much he even tries to hold the brush with his paws and smoosh it in his face by himself.  He really does make me feel better.  He's such a loving gentle calm little soul. 

Remus sure sounds like a handful!  A wonderful, happy little blessing!  And I'm glad to hear that Bobby is visiting and starting to play.  This guy is also starting to play too.  He's so gentle though, not one bite or scratch.  He's like an angel.  So sweet.

I'm still going to take him to a vet.  The vet I have in mind is closer to my house, and my 2 neighbors swear by him.  I've looked him up online and he has great reviews, but he's not taking new pets for another month or so.  As long as this fellow is healthy and eating and gaining weight, I will wait until this new vet is available.

Peace & Love to you, Ellen
OX
Michelle

Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle

Good to hear from you...so glad that the boy is still with you as he knows what being loved is like and you have plenty of that to give him.
I know what you mean about  petting your boy and thinking it Ruby...what I find with Remus is even how little he is he does the exact same things that Monty did...the way he curls up and the way and the way he runs when I call him to be fed (that was the only time Monty did run ha ha) but he keeps us on our toes...like all kittens he goes nuts at times...at this very moment we have Remus and Bobby sitting just looking at each other they are sweet together.

Covid is not to bad where I live pretty low...we all wear our face mask when we go to out to shops and those who use trains and buses have to wear them...and next week the kids go back to school after most of them having six months off...I bet they will find it hard.

I am not to bad these days with getting upset over Monty I still shed a tear but not every day and tend to remember the good times we had with him...he will never ever be forgotten as like Ruby they played such a big part in our lives as they relied on us for everything and I enjoyed every moment of it...I brought a photo frame with cat ears on and Monty's photo looks so sweet in it...but I can see him no matter where I am in the home.

I hope your friend across the road is well with her little doggy I bet she brings great joy and company for her and having you as her friend.

Take care my friend and look after yourself and I know you will take care of your boy and spoil him.

Love Ellen x

Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hello gorgeous boy.

It has been three months today since you left us and we are still missing you so very much and always will. We love to talk about the funny things that you did like the time you saw a spider on the floor in the living room and you spent a good half hour looking for it when all the time it was sitting on your paw...you did have big paws...remember darling that Scarlett called them your snow boots as they were big white and fluffy...in the end the spider just walked across your snow boot and carried on his journey...Scarlett and I had tears of laughter running down our faces and the funny thing is that you would not have hurt it as you were a gentle soul with other animals...we were so proud of you sweetheart.

Though Mummy does not cry every day now there is not a moment when you are not in my mind...I have your photograph next to my bed and remember darling that you would lay across my pillow and I would hold your magnificent Maine Coon tail and would fall asleep to the gentle sound of your purring...I would do anything to do that again.

You had us girls worked out well...when you wanted loving you would come to me and when you wanted to play you would go to Scarlett...how she misses you and how she loves you and always will...you still are a massive part of our lives Monty our sweet darling boy.

We miss you so much talking to us as being a Maine Coon you were very vocal and we have some adorable videos of you talking and just love watching them and seeing your sweet perfect face and running around the room...I could not watch then at first but now they bring me so much joy as I know that you had a great life with us and you rewarded us with so much love...a love that will never end as you enriched our lives.

I still have your favourite things (the food bowl was your most favourite ha ha ) and getting them out and touching them gives me such comfort.

We love you more then words can say... you are our darling sweet Sugar Plum Plum.

Mummy and Scarlett
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0