Seleya
My wonderful little kitty passed away Monday night. Her health took a turn for the worse a few days before she passed. She wouldn't eat or drink anything, and she looked like she was drunk when she walked. She was 15 years old.

I am having the hardest time dealing with it. I never left her side the day she passed. That morning, I read her a story from a coloring book, watched tv with her, had her sit next to me while the family ate. She was my baby, my precious little angel. There was a moment when I was sobbing while trying to read to her that she reached her paw out to my finger and was trying to grip/hold it. As if she was trying to comfort me.

She took her last breath a few minutes after my brother came upstairs to check on her. I think she was waiting for both of us to be around her, so she could say goodbye in her own way.

Every time I close my eyes, I see her little face gasping for air. Her thin, tiny little body trying to stay a live. Everywhere I look in my house, the memories are unbearable. I don't even want to be here.

At night, there are times that I can still hear her meowing. I would give anything to hold her once again. Knowing that I will never hear her purr or meow again, it just breaks my heart more and more. She did this really cute thing whenever my door was shut; she would scratch the back of her ear and it would sound like she was knocking. I'll never hear that again.

I miss her so much. I cant sobbing, even at work I'll start crying. I can only hope and pray that she will be waiting for me the day I cross over.

Kara.jpg Kara2.jpg 

R.I.P. Kara
March 1998- July 29,2013
You were more than just a cat to me, you were my
best friend and a loving member of the family.
You will be forever missed.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
What a lovely kitty.  I am so sorry for your pain.  I know how you feel,  as I am in the same agony over my dog,  even though it has been 3 weeks.  I have to believe they are with us in spirit,  and that we will be reunited with them.  I know what you mean about the cute little things they did, and how these are gone,   leaving a horrible void where there was once daily joy.  Please be at peace knowing she knew she was fully loved,  and still knows it,  and is with you in your heart.
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Kara.

She is just precious in her pictures.

The beginning raw searing pain of new grief is just awful.

It is good that you have pictures and all of the wonderful memories in your head-

You will have those for always.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

Please come back and tell us more about your life with your beautiful Kara so we can get to know her better through you. You can post more pictures also.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
Scottdadtothehoney
Oh, Seleya. If I could be there in person to comfort you, I would. 

Kara will live forever in your heart. 
Scott G
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I feel like I'm 11 years old again when my grandmother passed. Breathing is so difficult; it feels like there is a 10 ton brick on my chest.

We haven't buried her yet; every ones work hours and days off are different. I am not sure where I should bury her though.
I want her final resting place to be in the back yard, but we are about to move. What if the new owners of this house are
disrespectful to her grave? I don't think I could handle that.  I thought about burying her at my mom's place,
but that is just a rental.  I am not sure what to do.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I could not breathe either.
I had chest pains because I was unknowingly holding my breath.
My Bear, Nori, and Arthur are all buried in a beautiful
animal cemetery - Abbey Glen in NJ.
You can google animal cemeteries in your state.
If you want to see Abbey Glen you can go to
http://www.abbeyglen.com
They also have grief help information on their site.
I also rent and could not bury my baby here.
The days between death and burial are the most
difficult. You are never alone as we are all here for you.
You are in my thoughts,
Susan
Quote 0 0